11. 对话。

11. DIALOGUE.

"The weather today was colder than usual." I murmur quietly.

I didn't know if he was asleep yet.

The light had been turned off already—when the two of us arrived home, we didn't exchange much. Having spent the entire night outside, we were both a bit tired, silently clambering to wash up and change before collapsing into bed. As we slipped into comfortable positions, his arm had found its familiar path around my waist, thumb grazing my hipbone as his long body curved around mine. Though I could still feel the warmth radiating from his presence, he wasn't pressed against me.

I hear him reply, then.

"Yes, it's fall now...after Chuseok, the temperatures have been decreasing. Seoul's weather has always had its distinct seasons."

I turn a bit onto my side, facing him on the pillow. His grip on my waist tightens, and he pulls me closer, muffling my giggles as his lips brush over my hair.

This man, I garner as I bury my face in his chest, is truly adorable.

I reach my arm out to hug him, my voice faint in the fabric of his shirt as I murmur my agreement. My hand settles on his back, mischievously wandering across the muscle as my fingers find his spine, tracing the dip of the bone slowly down, down, down...

"Yerim, I want to discuss a matter with you..." I suddenly hear him say.

My hand stops its movements.

"...Okay, I'm listening." I answer quietly, brow slightly creasing at the ambiguity I seem to sense in his voice.

"I...want to..." he starts, before pausing indefinitely.

Silence.

I shift a bit in his hold after a while, half-impatient and half-amused. "Finish your sentence, Kookie. Otherwise, my wayward imagination will start thinking of ridiculous things..."

I lick my lips nervously, blinking in surprise when he bursts into laughter. In a split second, he rolls me flat onto my back, his body lightly pressing on top of me as his face nears my own. Our breaths intermingle in that narrow space, our chests rising against one another's.

Needless to say, I'd been shocked senseless by this turn of events, my head spinning in multiple directions at once.

Was this...?

"I want to..." he begins again, and I hold my breath before he ultimately falters once more.

Could it possibly be...?!

"That's it," I mutter, having been driven to wits end. I use every ounce of my body weight to flip our positions. He lands on his back as I topple over him with a grunt, thankful for the sheer size of the mattress underneath us. I use my hands to prop my upper body up, my knee wedged between his legs as I loom over him precariously, using the dim light from the window to glower down at him.

"Jeon Jungkook, if you don't spit it out right now, then don't blame me if I go crazy." I huff in warning.

He stares back blankly at me, as if not understanding my words.