CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

BRAXTONS POV....

I woke up in a cold sweat, I hadnt slept properly in 2 weeks since Aimee had disappeared I barely ate just went through all the motions on auto pilot I spent all my waking moments planning and trying to find out where she was taken I tried to talk to her family I barely made it out alive. I got out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom used the toilet and splashed some cold water onto my face I checked the time it was 3am I went down into the kitchen to get a drink and some food I noticed the neck lace I had givin Aimee sitting by the sink and I lost it I threw the glass and it shattered against the wall I then booted the kitchen chair out of my way it broke in two I let out a fustrated roar and sunk to the floor my head in my hands and thats how I sat until my parents came down stairs. My dad helped me to my feet and my mum lead me back to my bed I was like a zombie like I wasnt in my own body I didnt respond to anything I could hear her speaking to me but I was to heartbroken to listen to what she was saying to me she left the room and came back with the pack doctor I felt a prick and something cold then everything suddenly went quiet and I felt incredibly tired my eyes started to droop "Dont fight it Brax" I heard before I shut my eyes completly and let the darkness take over.

I awoke to blinding sunlight I tried to speak my throat was so dry I couldnt form any words "Here" said my brother Curtis handing me a glass of water with a straw I sat up and took it from him taking a huge sip "So whats been happening since the doc gave me the sedation?"

"Not much still hitting dead ends but dont worry dad is doing all he can" he waited for my reaction I felt instant anger then saddness but I couldnt smash something every time we hit a dead end I had to save my energy for when we found her if we ever found her. I was about to say something when I heard shouting outside it sounded like my mate Christof "HUNTERS , HUNTERS" I jumped out of bed the cup I had clattered tot he floor me and Curtis took the stairs two at a time and were outside in no time our whole pack had formed a group outside my house my parents were at the front of the group me and Curtis pushed our way through and stood next to mum and dad coming down the road were a pack of hunters at least 15 of them and head of the group was Chris!. A low growl rumbled through my chest which turned into a snarl as both my werewolf and vampire fought to escape I took a step forward my father grabbed my arm "Not yet son" I snarled in answer my whole body shaking with anger I focused on the girl they were holding and shoving forwards it was Elijahs daughter Rosie another growl left my throat as did many others from my pack "Control yourselves" hissed my father the growls quietened done Elijah was my fathers second in command him and his wife stood stock still as they seen thier daughter with the hunters "Nooo"Shrieked Rosies mother Luanne Elijah went to make a move "Not yet" said my dad "You make a move they will kill her on the spot Chris and his hunters stopped about 10 feet away with our hearing we heard him clear as day like he was standing right next to us "Leader of the hybrid pack heed my warning stop looking for Aimee she is well hidden you will never find her give up now and I will spare you all ignore this warning and deal with the consequences" With out warning Chris drove a blade straight through Rosies chest she gave a strangled gasp before collapsing in a pool of blood then all hell broke loose people were screaming, crying, children rushed out of harms way with a roar Elijah and half the men rushed at the hunters what were werent expecting was a witch hiding in the middle of them she cast a spell to protect the hunters our men were flung away like a piece of paper the snarls and growls were so loud I could barely hear my self think one voice did carry to me though Luanne wailing and holding her dead child rocking backwards and forwards and Elijah standing there not knowing what to do.

"CHRIS" I roared so loud the whole street went quiet he turned to face me a sneer on his face "Heed my warning" I said in a voice so deadly I seen a few hunters cringe back in fear "You will pay for this"