Chapter Sixteen

The nurse led me down a long hallway and into the maternity ward she lead me to Tahlias room I knocked on the door and entered Tahlia was on the bed holding a small bundle wrapped in a pink blanket Scott was fast asleep in the Chair next to the bed. I walked over "Hi" I smiled

"Hey" replied Tahlia

"Oh wow she is gorgeous" it reminded me of when Rhydah was born he was nearly 3 months now

"Would you like a cuddle" asked Tahlia

"Sure" I took the baby from her and sat on the end of the bed "Say hello to Grace Aimee Greenwood"

"Hello beautiful" I whispered. As I sat and cuddled Grace I spoke to Tahlia we had some catching up to do "So you know that day I collapsed"

"Yeah?"

"Well dehydration wasnt the only thing wrong Im pregnant"

"Wow really?, congrats how far along?"

"Im nearly 8wks" I replied I explained the rest to her how Chris reacted and thats why I was at Braxtons house. Just as Scott stirred Grace started to grizzle I handed her back to Tahlia "Hey Aimee" he yawned "You been here long?"

"Bout half hour, but I was just about to leave" I said standing up

I said goodbye and left. I decided I didnt wanna go back to Brax right now so I gave Max a ring and asked if he wanted to hang out for a little bit he picked me up from the hospital and drove us back to his house.

The movie was a good distraction I yawned and layed my head down on the couch I could feel my eyes closing as sleep took over. I woke up in Braxtons arms he was carrying me to the car "Max called me" he said

"I thought you couldnt come onto this territory"

"I cant we're at the territory line". Once home Brax carried me up to his bedroom and placed me on the bed I got up to get changed and use the bathroom then hurried back to bed I got under the covers and snuggled up against Brax he kissed the top of my head as I drifted off I heard him say "Goodnight Aimee".

I sat up in bed I rubbed my eyes sleepily Brax was fast asleep I tried to recall what had woken me up then I heard it again someone was moving around on the second floor I slowly got out of bed so as not to disturb Brax I quickly went to the bathroom then creapt quietly from the room I let my vampire senses kick in so I could see bit better in the dark I went down stairs careful not to make any noise as I made my way down the hallway I noticed someone staring at me Id only just seen him as he was so well blended he was tall and all in black I started to walk backwards I had a bad feeling about this guy I needed to get back to Brax. I wasnt expecting there to be someone else in the house as I spun around a hand shot out and grabbed my arm before I could shout he spun me around and clamped a gloved hand against my mouth I started to fight against the person holding me but they were to strong I felt a sharp prick in my neck and my body felt drowsy and thats all I remember.

2 weeks later.....

Its been 2 weeks since I was taken I had no way to contact my friends, family or Brax. My phone was taken from me and I was givin a new one all I know is Chris was behind all this its been hell not able to be around Brax its like this dull constant ache in my chest. I hadnt spoken much since I had arrived I was locked in my room half the time the only time I was let out was for a couple of hrs to enjoy some sunshine or do the chores set out for me I mise well be in prison there were 10 other prisoners here plus the people who looked after us.

I looked around my room it was small contained a single bed under the window with a bed side table and a small set of draws to put my belongings in which were here when I arrived. I looked out the window at the setting sun the whole camp was surrounded by a high fence with barbed wire there was only one way in or out which was heavily guarded at all times. There was a knock at the door a lady named Lucy walked in "Time to see the doc" I followed her out and over to the doctors office where I was made to lay on the bed and they done an ultra sound to check the baby

"Your baby is growing well Aimee" said the doc I nodded my head in response

"Would you like to know the sex?" He asked

"Yes" I answered quietly

"Its a boy" said the doc with a smile I couldnt help but smile back wow Brax has a son thinking about him made me feel sad I felt a tear drop onto my face I missed him so much as well as my family and friends except for Chris thinking about him made me so mad I could kill him for doing this to me.

"In time it will get easier" said Lucy giving my hand a squeeze I didnt answer I ripped my hand from hers wiped my tear and hopped off the bed with out a second glance I walked outside to get some sunshine.

I made my way over to the court yard and took a seat under the apple tree a girl walked over with a young baby on her hip she looked to be in her 20's "Hi may I sit here"

"I guess" I muttered

"Thanks I'm Hanna and this is Marcus"

"Aimee" I said not looking at her

"So how much longer" she asked

"10 weeks"

"Know what your having?"

"A boy". We talked for a little while longer it was nice to chat to someone I needed a friend in a place like this. That night while I lay in bed I went over what Hanna had told me that afternoon in the court yard how she had been here nearly a year had no outside contact for the last 6months she was all alone in this hell hole

Finally I could feel myself drifting off and fell asleep thinking of Brax.