- 43 -

CHAPTER 43

"You guys are slow!"

Alya shouted at Marinette and you as you walked alongside Marinette, who carried a pink box. You two looked at Alya and chuckled.

"It's not our fault you walk faster than other people normally! I'm holding a cake for a little girl!" Marinette yelled back. Alya gasped. She turned, glaring and walked towards you two. Marinette quickly handed you the box and the two of you dispersed, running your own way in the park. You hid behind the huge fountain and watched as Alya ran after Marinette.

Alya flew at Marinette, landing on top of her and causing both of her to fall down. You laughed. Alya and Marinette both laughed with you as they got up and brushed the dirt off of themselves. The two froze when they spotted you. Confused, your expression changed quickly.

"What is it?" You asked. Alya blinked a few times and Marinette pointed behind you. You turned around to Chat. Letting out a breath, you placed a hand at your heart.

"We talked about you sneaking up on me, Chat. What're you doing here?" You asked him. He smiled at you, before looking back at your friends.

"Are they really that shocked?" He asked you. You sighed, looking back and motioning them to come forward. Alya nudged Marinette, who stopped staring and the two quickly walked towards you. You handed Marinette the box in which the cake was in.

"Marinette, Alya, you already know Chat. Chat, Marinette and Alya." You said. Marinette waved as Alya looked at you.

"You weren't kidding. I thought you were kidding." Alya said. You shrugged.

"I told you. You just didn't believe me." You told Alya. Marinette looked at you in disbelief.

"I still don't believe you guys are a thing." Marinette spoke. Before you could respond, you felt Chat's hand snake around your waist and pull you back into his chest.

"Oh trust me, we're definitely a thing." Chat replied. You felt a blush spread on your face as your eyes widened. You looked up at Chat, who had a smirk spread on his lips. Marinette and Alya's jaws dropped and they turned to each other before turning back to you.

"Okay okay, don't try to change the topic! What are you doing here?" You asked Chat Noir, pulling away from him. Chat groaned, laying his head on your shoulder as his hand pulled you closer by your waist once again.

"I just missed you." He sighed. You smiled softly, wrapping your hands around his neck. One of your hands was already buried in his fluffy, messy, and soft blonde hair.

"I missed you too, Chat. But you can't just show up in public unannounced. It's dangerous to your identity and reputation. Be more careful." You pulled away, your hands automatically placing themselves onto the sides of his face.

Chat smiled at you, nodding.

"Y/n, we have to go now. Manon's mom is already at the bakery." Marinette said. You nodded and smiled at Chat.

"Come back to my place later." You said. Chat nodded, before leaning in to kiss you. His lips landed on yours. It was a small kiss. You pulled away and waved as you ran towards Marinette and Alya.

Chat Noir waved back before flying away, using his staff. Alya and Marinette turned to you.

"Oh my god. I cannot believe that just happened."