Chapter 20- Forever

"It's beautiful..." I whispered as I stared at the sunset in my realm, Angelus Urbe. The sky was in such pretty shades of pink, orange, yellow, and red!

"Yes, it is," Yuta agreed, wrapping his arms around me, kissing my neck. "But you know, there's something even more beautiful than the sunset right now."

"And what is that?" I asked curiously.

"You, of course."

"Eww, cheesy!" I pushed him away playfully. He laughed and pulled me back to him, cupping my cheek with one hand while the other rested on my waist. He stroked my cheek with the pad of his thumb. His beautiful smile never left his face which looked even more ethereal under the sunset.

"I love you so much," Yuta whispered, leaning his forehead against mine. "I feel like this year was a shitty one for us, but we got through it together. I can't even explain how lucky I am to have you, Taehee. You mean the whole damn universe to me and I'm so grateful that I get to spend the rest of my immortal life with you, even though a part of me wished that we could have kids and grow old together, but then we aren't even human." I chuckled at that with teary eyes. Yuta suddenly got down on one knee and I held my breath. Was he going to do what I think he's doing? "Taehee, I've always felt a connection with you since the very first day I saw you sitting at your table in our class  in the human realm. I was so whipped, and I still am even after all these years. I'm so sorry for pushing you away a couple of times and putting us both in danger. Even then, you still stuck by my side. And I want you to stay by me for the rest of our everlasting lives. Park Taehee, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I squealed, jumping into his arms while I cried happily. I kissed him so hard before he put me back down. Yuta took my hand and slid the gorgeous black diamond ring on my finger, before he did a victory dance. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me passionately.

"I love you, my angel," Yuta whispered as the sun set and the moon came into view. "I always loved you and I always will love you. Forever."

"I love you too, My Vampire King."

The End.
×××