Chapter 1

It was Sunday evening. Brianna and her father were driving on a road. They had just moved to a small town called Forks in the state of Washington. They drove past a sign that read, "Welcome to Forks." as they drove into the town. They drove for another minute or two, before they came to a small house. "Here we are." Her father said. The two of them got out of the car. They grabbed their bags from the trunk and walked into the house. The house was pretty small. The first floor only had a living, room, kitchen, and a laundry room. When they walked upstairs, there were only two bedrooms and a bathroom. One was a master bedroom, so Brianna took the smaller room.

"Start unpacking and we'll go and get some dinner." Her father said. Brianna unpacked her sundries in the bathroom before going into the bedroom. She was just about finished unpacking, when her father knocked on her open door. Brianna turned towards her father.

"Do you want to go see if there's anywhere to eat for dinner?" He asked. Brianna nodded. She grabbed some stuff and walked out of her room. As they were driving, they saw a small diner.

"Let's stop here." Her father said, pulling into parking lot. Once he parked the car, they got out and walked inside, sitting at a table. Brianna was looking over the menu, when a waitress came up to them.

"Hello." The waitress greeted them. "You guys look like you're new in town."

"Yes." Brianna's father said. "I'm Scott and this is my daughter, Brianna."

"It's nice to meet you both." The waitress said. Brianna smiled at her. "Can I get you guys anything to drink?" The waitress asked.

"Two iced teas please." Scott said.

"Coming right up." The waitress said, before walking away.

A few minutes later, they were both eating. "Are you ready for school tomorrow?" Scott asked.

"Yeah." Brianna typed on her tablet, which she brought with her. She brought her tablet everywhere with her. It's how she communicates. Brianna is mute and doesn't talk. She hasn't since she was six, when her mother died. She stopped talking after that and her father knew how hard it was on her, so he never made her talk.

"Although. I'm not sure how the other students will think of me." Brianna typed. "I mean, I don't talk and it's not like there's anything wrong with me where I can't talk."

"Don't worry about them." Scott said. "You'll be ok." Brianna nodded.

After they finished eating, they headed back to the house. Brianna went back up to her room to finish unpacking. After she finished, she changed into her sleepwear and came downstairs. She found her father in the living room.

"I'm going to go head to bed." Brianna typed to her father.

"Alright." Scott said. "Good night, sweetheart."

"Night Daddy." Brianna typed before heading back up to her room. She set her alarm, got into bed, pulling the covers over her, and going to sleep.

AN: Jeremy Renner as Scott Peters