That Don't Impress Me Much (Ficlet)

Carlos knew a few guys before he found the one, he ultimately fell in love with. He knew men could be tricky from the moment he realized he was gay. He got a lot of advice on guys from Evie. She was like a sister to him. She broke most of the hearts on the isle while Carlos only wanted to find the right guy for himself. So once he got to the point, he could protect himself he found his first boyfriend, Jay Jafar.

Jay Jafar was a slick thief of hearts. His hair was long and lush, his face was chiseled and handsome, and his body was even more sculpted. From the outside, Jay was a complete package, emphasis on package. The problem with dating Jay came with his constant flirting and eventual cheating. Jay was too much of a heartbreaker like Evie to really get nailed down to one person no matter what his smooth and sly words told him. They went around a couple times but ultimately, he couldn't handle being more than friends with Jay.

His second boyfriend was far more sheer sex appeal, Harry Hook was a walking sex bomb. Between his accent and constant flirting with only Carlos, he was lured in like any other poor unfortunate soul. Harry was many of the same things that Jay was but far less of a cheat. His good side came with the romantics. However, like Jay, Harry came with a stipulation. Harry loved his entire crew, that meant things like kissing them all good night. He knew how to treat Carlos right but he had others and that was a deal-breaker, Carlos wanted someone only for him, so again he moved on.

Moved, literally, out of the Isle and to Auradon where he decided to fall in love for brains this time. Doug was a handsome guy sure but he wasn't anything like the two guys from the isle when it came to looks. He was sensitive and full of knowledge, something they related on that pushed them to be quite close. The problem with Doug was that he just wasn't really everything Carlos needed. Sure he was smart, but books don't keep you warm on the cold lonely nights. So much like the last two he decided being friends was better and broke it off.

That's when he ran into literal Prince Charming. Chad was athletic and charming, he was a jock with all the right moves. He swaggered his way into Carlos' arms quite easily and it was a pleasant combo. Carlos and Chad shared quite a bit in common and yet nothing at all. Chad lacked the brains that Doug had, so there were no late-night walks and talks. It was usually all about Chad and sports when they talked. In every way they were opposites when it came to the small things. So it turned into another friendship that ultimately Carlos completely broke off from.

Now is around the time when Carlos was ready to give up, he was completely hopeless to himself until by luck of a sort A dog chased him up a tree, Carlos wasn't wholly scared of dogs but when they chased him, he was. Along came a brunette who was ruggedly handsome, charming, flirty, smart, a prince, and every bit a perfect balance compared to all the boys he had fallen for before. Benjamin Beast was by far the biggest catch of them all. It started small with just being friends, being close. Then closeness turned to fondness and the rest became history. Ben was the one and he did everything and was everything Carlos could want.