2.0 - Part 3

Y/N

As night fall crept slowly, me and Rosabeth snuck out of the manor unseen, our figures were cast out onto the pale gray rocks from the early moonshine. We looked towards each other before we made it to the manor's personal stables. We both stared at each other as I glanced way, then paused for a second. "Rika!" I recalled as I tried to run back to retrieve her but Rosabeth stopped me. "No, Y/N, don't.." She says softly, reminding me that it would be too risky for us to go back to get Rika. I nodded my head slowly, even though it pained me to leave the gentle molly. I looked back to her then reached for her hand as I rushed us to the stables, telling her to stay put as I tell her to wait in a safe spot. I walked into the stables and looked around, my gaze narrowed as I heard footsteps near. "Who goes there?" I called, knowing it was risky as well, but I knew how to defend myself since it came with being the queen's kitten. My mind trailed back to what the duke had said about me, telling me that I was leaving for my own good, knowing that if I stayed, the queen of Scotland could easily find out and then I could be used against the queen's will and I didn't want to endanger her like that. Shaking my head to clear it of all the thoughts I had, I reminded myself that the coast was clear and that I thought of the footsteps as a person even though it was easily one of the steeds' horseshoes. I rushed back to where Rosabeth was at, and told her that the coast was clear, then I helped her up and went to retrieve our horses. I was sad that I wouldn't be able to return back to England with Electra since he mystically passed away from an illness. But Rosabeth's father was kind enough to buy a new steed for me, her name's Zinnia. A kind-hearted mare with a gentle pace, she wasn't like Electra to get jumpy but she learns to put up with a fight to anyone she dislikes. I grabbed her by the reins she had since I made sure before and after I went out riding during the late afternoon that none of the stable-hands tried to put her saddle and bridles up. I yawned quietly as I reached for saddle and then lifted myself up a bit so I could see if I needed to readjust anything. Leaping down carefully, I walked out of the stall then closed the door before walking to the next stall which held Rosabeth's horse, Temper. A pretty mare with a shy personality but wasn't stubborn like Zinnia.
I grabbed the mare's bridle then goes to put it on her, making sure I didn't mess up the noseband when I placed it on. I then put everything else on then grabbed hold on the reins and walked Temper out of the stall and stopped. "Okay, Rosabeth, you can get up now." I said softly just in case someone was in here. She looks at me then gets up and onto the saddle, which shifted a little, which basically told me to tighten the saddle a bit more. Once she was stable on the horse and the saddle wasn't going to shift anymore, I walked to the other stall that Zinnia was in. I reached for the saddle again and lifted myself up onto the saddle then looks toward Rosabeth. "Ready?" I asked and she nods her head then I gently kicked into Zinnia's sides which made her begin to walk. Rosabeth and Temper behind us, the mares stepped into the snow, and it began to crunch under the weight of the two horses. I looked behind my shoulder and watched Rosabeth look at the home she was leaving just to return back to England with me. I sighed then nudged my heels into the mare's sides, and she began to gallop gracefully. Rosabeth followed after us shortly once we made it to the hills and beginning of rows of trees. I slowed Zinnia down and waited for Rosabeth to catch up on her horse, both of us stared into the endless darkness. I turned my head to look to her, and hesitated for a second. "Should we?" I asked, tilting my head and she nodded her head. I bit my lip hesitantly before nudging my heel into Zinnia for her to go into a trot. We began our travels through the forest, nothing bothering us but the cold chill and owls hooting across the terrain.

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. I didn't want chapter 20 to be very long because I wanted to move onto chapter 21.