A white christmas

Thursday 25th December 1994
Say my name
(Y/N)'s pov
~•~

The night after the Yule ball just happened to be Christmas. Lucky for us, it started to snow heavily.

I woke up bright and early. I just sat down on the windowsill and watched the snow fall for a while.

"Pretty isn't it?" Came a voice next to me.

"Yep." I didn't really look at their face but from their voice I knew it was Gracie.

"Merry Christmas (Y/N)."

"Merry Christmas Gracie."

"Here, I got you a present. Well I got you two but here's one." She handed me a small box.

"Aw Thanks." I gave her a hug.

"Open it then!"

"Okay okay!"

I unwrapped the box and opened it up. Inside revealed a locket shaped like a rose.

"Open the locket."

I opened the locket and it emitted a bright light and it pictured a fine memory of Gracie and I.

It was us, 3rd year, playing in the snow and we built a snowman. Eventually, Gracie pushed me into it and we laughed for what feels like a century.

The video then stopped and the locket closed once again.

"Oh Gracie I love it!" I gave her a massive hug and she hugged back.

"Well, I'm gonna go get breakfast." She announced and she plopped to the great hall.

I went to wake up Katie.

"Wakey wakey!" I shook her.

"Hm?"

"Wake up it's Christmas and snowing."

She got up and just breezed to the bathroom.

Somethings up with her.

I ignored it for now and just went to find Gracie. I sat down next to her and all the owls with the post came flying in.

A large present landed in front of me and I read the tag. To Cupcake.

I smiled to myself and put it next to me.

"Hey Gracie?"

"Yeah?" She looked up from her newspaper.

"Is it just me but Katie's been really distant lately?"

"Yeah. She completely ignored me last night when I asked her if she had a quill."

"What do you thinks wrong with her?"

"She did say something about learning a really complex spell or something, she's probably just stressed." Gracie shrugged and went back to her food.

~•T I M E S K I P•~

It was time to open presents in our common room as per tradition. We invited Fred and Harrison.

People in our house were in the circle too. Everyone was there but Katie. So odd.

Before the present opening started I asked Harrison about Katie and he just said that she randomly said that she needed a break.

I gave his a hug to reassure him that she still loves him.

We sat in the circle and opened presents.

(All the presents have been opened)

Lastly, I opened Fred's present and inside was a Weasley sweater. It was baby blue and the initial was white.