8. Do Vampires Bleed?

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?" I heard a voice from my back. I was sitting I don't know where. It was a really high valley near the sea.

"What do you care?" I replied turning around. I didn't expect to see him here.

Nevertheless, everything happens exactly opposite to your expectations.

"I really don't care. It's just nobody comes here often," he replied throwing some rock pieces into the ocean.

"So you claimed it yours?"

"No, obviously I didn't." he paused "You look stressed." His red eyes were warning me to leave already.

"What do you care?" I asked him the same question again.

"Look, Jess, I hardly care but the way you are sitting its irritating. I'm already a lot stressed. I don't want to get in any arguments." he sighed combing his black hair with his fingers, waving the lower length. I looked at his face disgusted.

"You are stressed? You have been sucking the life out of your girlfriend for I got no clue how long and you are stressed?" I yelled at him. I can't hold this any longer. I needed at least one answer. And I didn't care if Andrew has to be the one to face my anger.

"You think I would do that intentionally? It's not my fault. I just can't control. She is my addiction. I would die if I don't get her blood." he cried.

"Yeah... Someone who is dead would die again." I scared him with words.

"You are just ruining her life. What if she finds out? What if Arianna finds out?" I added folding my hands against my chest.

"Arianna already knows. She saw me last night. Amber is critical. She might not surpass the upcoming Sun." he smashed a rock in anger.

"What? How? What did you do to her?" I freaked out. Obviously, that's why she came searching for Jamire.

"I did nothing. It's just, last night I got a bit out of control when Arianna saw me. I got no right to live. This is all my fault." he kept on breaking more rocks.

"Yes, it definitely is your fault," I replied.

"It's not a place for you to rest? Is it?" Jamire popped up from nowhere scaring my bones.

"Jamire... I..."

"That would be enough." Antonio knocked down Andrew. How did they find me?

"We are leaving," Antonio said looking at Jamire ignoring me completely.

"Wait... Jamire..." I tried to speak but Antonio pressed his one hand on my mouth and holding me from the other ran as fast as he could, covering miles every minute.

"What the... What are you trying to do? Put me down! I need to speak to Jamire." I yelled all the way but that freak stopped after we had reached miles away from them.

"You got to shut up." he scolded me.

"But Jamire needs to know this. Arianna came to ask for him."

"That's their issue. You stay out of it. How many times am I supposed to tell you that?" he grabbed me again and took me back home. After 40 minutes we reach back and I finally realize how far I really was. Jamire was already back, sitting on a couch waiting for me. No wonder he is the fastest of us all.

"Next time you decide to go that far alone would be the last time you would step out." my overly protective brother was supposed to say this but it seems like my soon to be overly protective boyfriend had to take his responsibilities now.

"He is right. Stop smiling." Jamire scolded.

"...And thinking." Natalie added.

"Give it a break, kids. She is not so young. She can hunt on her own now. She can see things coming her way."Simmet finally decided to take my side. I love you, dad.

"Yeah right... You know I can't afford to lose her, I have already lost..." Jamire stopped in between of his sentence and walked back into his room slamming the door.

"...me" a familiar voice came from the door all of a sudden. The dark black hair girl stood beside all of us.

"He lost you?" I questioned looking at everyone.

"I need him. I'm sorry for violating this rule Mr. Kuntz but I really need to see Jamire." Arianna cried rushing towards his room.

"Open the door," she yelled.

"Go away!" Jamire denied.

"Open it or else, I'll break it."

"I said go away!" Jamire repeated again.

"Fine... You asked for it." Arianna shouted kicking open the door. Gods! She was strong!

"What are you trying to do? Just go away!" Jamire yelled walking away from her.

"Jamire...please... I'm sorry... But I don't have a choice. Please. It's for my younger sister. Please." Her voice crocked but the dry tears didn't shed. I don't like seeing her in this condition, Jamire can't behave this way.

She stepped closer to him, catching hold of his shirt looking straight into his eyes. For a moment I felt Jamire would forget all his pain and cry out loud hugging her. The way he was fighting his inner self from loving her made me feel tears boiling in my eyes.

The essence of love can never be suppressed. It doesn't matter how hard you try, your feelings will make a way to your heart and then control your mind ruining everything.

"Arianna just leave. Now." he jerked her hand off pushing her away. She hit her head hard on the lamp table and falling miserably injured her body. Till where I knew Vampires don't bleed but she was bleeding and it was enough for us to get crazy about it. I was about to lose my control when Antonio dragged me out of the room. Dad went to get some first aid for her but it was of no use. Jamire was already way too uncontrollable.

"Jamire... no..!" he yelled.

"Jamire stop!" mom cried.

Everyone yelled but it was late. He was craving that blood so badly that if he would have tried to suck it even once it would have been a disaster.

Jamire went close to her, held both her hands and crushed her bones. I swear I could hear them break. He was about to bite her neck and suck whatever was left in her when she said something.

"I know you wouldn't. I know."