8. Do Vampires Bleed?

The darkness led me to some more of it. I was searching for a mere firefly to lead me to my answers, but it seemed to have taken away my stars too.

Jamire went missing for the past two days. None of us could get in any sort of contact with him. Amber went missing too. It's just the elder Rozewood daughter and some other vampires walking around. Things were always suspicious in Rozewood high but the past month had made things go scary as well.

It was partially because of Miss. Arianna Rozewood who had half of the school and Windermere under her influence. She would just walk around smiling and people will fall into her trap. Though despite all those reported missing cases I had never seen Arianna hunt, not even a single prey.

I sat in the canteen, with some Vampire wine in my hand drinking from a sipper. I took continues sips trying to control my thirst. I needed answers, as always. People said Jamire and Arianna were the perfect made for each other couple destined to be together if it's true then what happened? Why would Jamire ignore her? Why would they hate each other so much? And the biggest question of all was where exactly my brother was?

"Where is your brother?" Arianna banged her hand on my table.

"You scared me, Miss. Rozewood." I replied Arianna keeping the sipper aside.

"That's not my answer," she replied sitting beside me. To my surprise, she looked worried.

"No one knows. He is missing for the past two days, or maybe more. We noticed two days back." I gave her the answer she really wanted. I could sense it and her eyes would reveal it too.

"The way your eyes change color can get you in trouble," I commented.

"I can't control them. I can't control anything," she replied rolling her eyes. It was strange. We shared so many similarities, from our thoughts to the slight difference in our eyes, as she had her left eye a little bit smaller than her right while I had my right eye, a little bit smaller than my left.

"Why do you hate us so much?" I asked her.

"I don't particularly hate you guys. I just...just...can't get over the past yet." she sighed and giving me a smile walked away. She turned around and asked, "Is that blood?"

"All yours..." I said sharing the last few sips left. I could control my thirst but her eyes made sure she couldn't. She took a sip and her eyes got darker again.

"They changed? Again..!" I exclaimed.

"Told you, can't control. Thanks." she smiled returning the sipper. She just took a few drops it seemed. I can't understand what's weirder, this school or this girl?

"Bonding with the Rozewood sisters? Jamire will not like it." Natalie said taking a seat in Eric's lap who already sat in front of me a quarter second ago. I ignored her and collecting my bag ran outside the school. I was halfway through the parking lot when I saw something that triggered my dead heart. It was Antonio hunting a girl. He had cornered her and was almost about to suck out her life when Jordan appeared from nowhere. I took a safe place away from their sight as I saw them forcing her to reveal something.

"This is your chance, speak up or die," Antonio yelled. He looked horrifying. His golden hair tossed around his neck as he picked her up and slammed her to the ground. The scent of blood coming from her body was killing all my emotions for him. But it wasn't much late before the drops of blood got back together as her hair grew larger and thicker.

"I'm cursed for immortality. You can't kill me." She laughed before disappearing in the woods.

I was shocked. My veins were scared. My venom was scared. I was still very young to witness all this and I guess that was the reason I was always told to stay out of these matters. I watched them leave and ran towards the forest as fast as I could, although I didn't want to go to the woods. I didn't want to go anywhere. The speed of light was drowning, it took me minutes or maybe hours but I hardly could imagine how far I was. I barely cared, for all I wanted were my answers. I just kept running and jumping and repeating until I found a sound place to sit.