4. Looking for answers

It was going exactly the same as I saw in the vision. Simmet greeting Antonio, Casie jumping from the window and falling for his dazzling eyes. Natalie hating the idea of him inside the house and Jamire being rude and arrogant and... and again, he was in pain. His hazel eyes had turned red; he was lost in some other world. I wanted to hold his hand and see what was coming for him. I really wanted to help my brother.

We were now in my room and Antonio was staring at his past dumbfounded. I knew what was coming for us was a promising future, but I can't promise anything right now. I already had a ton to fulfill.

"Antonio," I repeated the same mistake after asking those several questions.

"Professor Antonio I mean." and this was again going in the same direction.

"Antonio sounds better." He smiled, running his hand through the bookshelf, exactly like how I saw in the prediction.

"Alright... Antonio. Is there anything you are hiding from me?" I asked avoiding the conversation I had with him in the vision.

"Yes, there is. But I don't think you would like to hear." He sighed, fixing his eyes in some books. Why won't I?

"What is it?" I asked, fighting my gut feeling of staying quiet.

"Jessica, you'll regret listening to it and I'll regret speaking. Don't drag us into it." He placed the book back in the bookshelf, turning toward me.

"I really don't want to drag anything but it's just I want to know," I told him making sure what happened in the vision goes exactly opposite.

"Do you trust me?" he glued his eyes to my face, dazzling me.

"More than the night trusts the moon." I looked into them hating the Gods for making him everything I ever wanted.

"When I saw you 10 years back, I wasn't sure of what I was doing, trying to save you all the time. Once I thought it could be the protection imprint though I ended up dropping the theory. Then when you came to Windermere I found out you were a Kuntz, and I have hated the Kuntz since I turned into a Vampire. But you had something different in you that kept me glued. Something that had made me falling for you every single time I looked at you...but something that wanted me to stay away from you." He vanished the distance between us, leaning to my face. No! No!

"And whom are you planning to listen to now? Something that wants us together or something that..."

"...Something that told me my afterlife is a curse to stay away from you while being yours for forever." He sighed, interrupting me in between and pressed his forehead on mine. He was shivering; his cold skin was killing my heated scent.

"Forever is an illusion." I sighed. My venom warned me to get away from him before I ended up cursing everything even more.

"Afterlife is an illusion too." He laughed silently, whispering in my ears. Turning your own self into an illusion, if that's not what love is then I don't know what it is.

"Ehm... Lovebirds...?" I rolled my eyes sensing the embarrassment yet to come. I slightly tilted my head towards the door of my room to find a boy in his late teens with brown hair, black eyes, and the overly smart type of personality standing with snooker sticks. He was Eric. Antonio gave him a faint smile before leaving me from his embrace. I was not sure of my family's reaction. I hardly am ever but this was more than weird. Eric was standing with his arms open, laughing along Antonio.

"What's up, big guy?" Antonio asked hugging him. I was definitely not in this world. They were being so good to each other? Last I remember, Eric was Natalie's boyfriend and she hated Antonio, then this duo?