Chapter 7

All of Jared's sarcasm comes from my deep pit of hate sarcasm I don't get to use that often. 

Y'all are in for a treat fam. I'm so sorry.

TW: Abuse, death

BACK TO JARED 

Jared's POV:

"Hi mom," I say to her as she signs me out. She wasn't looking super happy. She quietly grabs my hand and takes me out to her car. I look at her. I've seen her upset, but this was a different kind of upset.

We got in the car and started driving. She kept breathing in and out deeply, she wouldn't look at me in the eye. We make it to the house. I see my truck is back. I guess. She makes no attempt to leave, I don't either.

"Jared, you have to go," She says, holding back tears.

"What?" This has to be a joke.

"You have to leave."

"Why?"

"Your dad doesn't want you in the house, if you're here by the time he gets here, Jared, he might as well murder you."

"So call the cops!"

"Jared please."

"Mom I'm not leaving you."

"Jared he's going to be home in ten minutes, please! I beg you to go!"

"Not without you!"

"I can't Jared, I'm sorry."

"Why?" I was struggling to hold back tears.

"I- I can't tell you, Jared please!"

"I can't do this mom, not without you!" 

"Jared! I'm your mother! Just do it! I can't lose you!"

She gets out of the car, adrenaline gave me some energy to follow her out.

"Pack your stuff, please Jared!"

She put my truck keys in my hand. I stuff them in my pocket.

"No."

"Jared!"

I heard the creaky old car come into the driveway. The uneven footsteps of my, probably, drunk father.

"If I walk in there!" He shouts. "And my son is in that room! I will give him no mercy!"

"Jared," She pleaded under her breath. I stood in front of her. Ready to face whatever my father had.

"You little son of a b-"

"Andrew please!" My mom shouted

He shoved me to the side coming face to face with her.

"Stay out of it woman!"

I tried to get there in time I really did. But I was too late. I watched as he slammed the beer bottle on my mom's head. She collapsed.

"Mom!" I shouted going up to her. A faint pulse, but wasn't big. I knew why she wouldn't come. She's sick, it's nothing new, she's sick and weak, but I couldn't leave her to the wrath of this sick man.

"It's me you want, leave her alone!"

"If that's how you want to play it, boy!"

He grabbed me by the neck of my shirt and threw me on the ground. I smacked my head against the wall, the world going dizzy. I tried getting up but he just kicked me.

"You filthy child, I should have left you to the streets years ago!" One kick. "I should've ditched both of you and left you on your own to die a pitiful death like now!" Two kicks. I couldn't get up. My vision was fading in and out. He left me and looking at my mom. Her breathing getting shallower. Her medicine!

I tried to get up but everything hurt. I started up the stairs, one, two.

"Where do you think your going boy!"

"She'll die! Let me give her her medicine and I'll leave, please! Just leave her alone!"

He smirked, "Fine."

I slowly started up the stairs and got to the bathroom. I stood up catching my reflection. It wasn't pretty. I grabbed the bottle and pop open the lid grabbing her medication and went back downstairs. I started towards her, my father just laughed.

"How would the kids say it? Oh. Sike!"

"No! NO! YOU PROMISED!"

"Bye Jared!" He grabbed me and threw me out the door. I landed on the ground. In too much pain too much of anything.

"Mom," I cried. The two pills still in my hand. I stuffed them into my pocket and painstakingly got up. I'm too late.

Slowly, I get to my truck and leave. Watching the world disappear behind me.

I'm awful. I'm terrible. I'm sorry. BuT lEt Me TeLl YoU mY fRiEnDs ArE kIlLiNg ME.