Chapter 29- Fudge and Mater Save the Day

So, we're at the end of the bomb scene. How is this gonna go? Well, if you've seen Cars 2, you'd know, but what's Fudge gonna do? You're about to find out...

Enjoy!

Chapter 29- Fudge and Mater Save the Day

"Fudge! There you are!"

Fudge turned around. Fillmore had been comforting her for a while and insisted that she drank some water and, with nothing else available, a Mars bar that was in her backpack. The water and sugar calmed her down considerably, but she was still plenty terrified. "Sammy!"

The human spy approached her, followed by Holley. "Got somethin' for ya!" She held it out.

"My watch!" Fudge exclaimed, relieved that Sammy had been able to recover it. She turned to the British spy. "Holley, can you fix it?"

"I'm sure I can", Holley confirmed, getting to work immediately. "I'll certainly do my best."

"Yes!" Fudge cheered. Then she added, "Is everyone okay?"

"Sure", Sammy replied. "For now. The bomb's only got a few minutes left."

"Oh..." Fudge murmured anxiously, just as she heard Lightning shout, "Guido! We need your help! Get all the wrenches you've got! One of them's gotta fit the bolts to the bomb!"

"Okay!" Guido agreed, rushing off.

Oh, she hoped that would work. She couldn't see anything that was happening. By that point, Scotland Yard had blocked the whole street off, leaving Lightning, Mater, Guido and Luigi alone in the area. Her dads refused to let her any closer, but she wished that there was something she could do.

"Sammy, tell Mater I know who's doing this!" Fudge insisted. "Maybe we can get him to deactivate the bomb."

"Yeah, right!" Sammy rolled her eyes. "And then we can all celebrate with a tour of London on my flying pig!" She took off to tell him anyway.

"You really know who's behind all this, Fudge?" Holley questioned.

"Yes", she confirmed seriously, "but I can't prove it without my watch."

Meanwhile, Guido shouted out some angry Italian before tossing the wrench he was holding to the ground.

"What's he saying?! What's wrong?!" Lightning quizzed Luigi frantically.

"None of his wrenches fit the bolts!" Luigi reported worriedly.

Lightning frowned. "There's gotta be another way!"

"Perhaps there is", Sammy spoke up. "Fudge believes she knows who the Big Boss is and that she has proof."

"Proof?" Lightning repeated.

The American spy shrugged. "I don't know what evidence she could possibly have. We've all seen that photograph and not a damn thing."

"The photograph..." Mater murmured. He was obviously thinking hard. All of a sudden, his eyes widened. "I get it... I get it!" he exclaimed. "I know what needs to be done!"

"Then do it!" Lightning urged him encouragingly.

"What? No. I can't do it. Look, nobody takes me seriously. I know that now. This ain't Radiator Springs."

"Yes it is", Lightning insisted. "Look, you're yourself in Radiator Springs. Be yourself here. And if... if people aren't taking you seriously, then they need to change, not you. I know that because I was wrong before. Now, you can do this."

"And I'm with you all the way, Mater!" Fudge hollered from her spot behind the barricades.

"We all are", Lightning agreed. "You're the bomb."