Chapter 22- Sammy's Sacrifice

This is where it starts to get a little different from the original version.

Chapter 22- Sammy's Sacrifice

"Ain't that yer stalker, Fudge?" Mater questioned as they flew over Porto Corsa, looking at the two humans in his rearview mirror.

"Yes and no..." Fudge responded uncertainly.

"It's a long story", Sammy added. "I'm Agent Samantha Rose. Call me Sammy."

"Aw right." Mater didn't ask any questions.

"Do you know who the guy behind all this is?" Fudge quizzed her fellow human.

There was an awkward pause.

"Well, um... No, actually."

"How? Aren't you the one who took the photo?" She thought that whoever took the photo of the engine would know who the Big Boss was for sure.

"My partner got the photo!" the agent explained. She tossed her rainbow hair over her shoulder. "He never told me in case the area was compromised. He was supposed to give the photo straight to McMissile."

Fudge nodded, believing that that made sense. Still, it seemed to Fudge like if Sammy was really who she said she was, then she should know who the Big Boss was.

"McQueen!" Mater's voice jolted Fudge from her thoughts. "MCQUEEN!"

Out of nowhere, Mater released his tow hook from the boat and he was dropping out of the sky! Sammy shoved Fudge down onto the floor of the flatbed and threw herself on top of the girl to protect her. That got the girl thinking. Would she have really done that if she didn't care about her? Or was it just part of a plan?

There were several loud crashes and Fudge felt pain radiate through her entire body as they made their way towards the ground very quickly. She wished that she could see what was going on, but with her eyes closed in fear and Sammy blocking her view, there was no way that was gonna happen.

That's when she heard the scream. The girl opened her eyes and shifted her head ever so slightly, so she saw the souvenir stand and the forklift running it right at the very last second. Sammy shoved Fudge back into her original position. Thank Chrysler (or maybe thank Sammy) for that. While the amount of pain in the child's body increased, she knew it could've been a lot worse. They all got through that alive. A little sore and covered in Francesco merchandise, but alive.

"Thank Chrysler that's over!" Fudge panted, sitting up in Mater's truck bed.

"Now, we gotta warn McQueen!" Mater yelled.

Fudge looked blank and spoke with an expression to match. "About what?"

Both of the other two gave her an odd look, Mater's coming through his rearview mirror.

"Haven't you heard?" Sammy asked.

"He's still usin' Allinol for the final race!" Mater shrieked hysterically.

"WHAT?!" Fudge cried.

"They're gonna kill 'im, Fudge!" Mater no longer sounded hysterical. His voice was soft and downright petrified. "We gotta do somethin'!"

By that point, they'd reached gates to get into the racetrack area. A line of car and human members of the press were all waiting to get approved by security and be allowed access into the grounds, but Mater zoomed directly to the front. Sammy pulled Fudge back down again. The older human was hoping that Mater could somehow get through and that meant that the two humans automatically got through without having to do anything.