17 - Charles Leclerc (Again, I know)

Start from the beginning

XOXOX

Standing with Shanna, I kept my sunglasses over my eyes as I squinted trying to block out as much sun as possible. Why did today have to be a beautiful day? England wasn't known for its good weather but it seemed on the days I could have done with some rain and dark clouds that it decided to be against me. 

"Do you think we should get something to eat?" I asked her as I regretted every single drink I consumed last night. 

She shrugged her shoulders, "I dunno. I think eating might make it worse."

I was reluctant to agree with her as I was starving but I feared she might have been right. "Let's just find somewhere to sit, hopefully somewhere with shade in case we fall asleep."

"Look at you two!" Lando's voice was loud as he walked towards us. I was unsure if he was actually loud or if it was my head, looking up at him I shook my head as I put my right forefinger on my lips. "What's wrong?" He teased, "Do you have a hangover?"

Shannon rolled her eyes before she moved away, "I'm going to get some food after all." She walked away leaving me with a laughing Lando. 

"How are you not hungover?" I asked him as I moved my sunglasses down and glanced at him. 

He looked fresh-faced as he chuckled, "I know when to stop drinking." He put a hand on my left shoulder before he winked at me, "Maybe you should start thinking about the next day before blowing out like that." 

A groan escaped my lips as I pushed my sunglasses back up trying to avoid the bright sun, "Shut up, moron." The warmth from the sun didn't make me feel any better, even with the shorts and thin top I wore, I hoped that at some point the sun would disappear to allow me some respite from the brightness.  I let my head fall forward, my forehead hitting Lando's hard chest which was covered in the thin long-sleeved top that he wore under his overalls. "Do you think Charles will notice if I just go home?"

Lando patted me on the back as he laughed heartily, I took my head off him, the vibrations made me feel a little sick. "He'll definitely notice," he told me as I looked up at him. "Don't look," he told me as he smiled at me, his eyes looking behind me subtly before glancing back at me. "He's looking this way which means he has definitely seen you." I closed my eyes behind my sunglasses, I bit my lip as I opened my eyes when Lando next spoke. "He's also coming this way," his words caught me off guard. I tried to stand up straighter and smile, I also smoothed my hair down as I looked at Lando who just rolled his eyes at me. 

"Hey," Charles greeted me as he put an arm around my shoulders and looked down at me with a wide smile. "How are you, baby?" He kissed me on the cheek as Lando walked away. 

I turned and looked at him, "I'm good." My voice was a mutter as I tried to act like I wasn't hungover in any way, shape or form. "Are you ready for your race?"

Charles kissed me on the forehead, "Of course I am, you're my lucky charm, baby." A smile spread across my lips as I looked up at him, he leaned close to me, his lips against my ear, his breath was hot on my skin which sent a shiver down my spine. "I know you're hungover, Ingrid"

Stepping back, I removed my sunglasses and looked at him through my bleary eyes. "I'm sorry," I mumbled before pushing my glasses back up my nose and crossing my arms over my chest. 

"I'm not mad," he assured me before he gave me a little squeeze. "I'll catch up with you after my race, hopefully, you'll be feeling better, baby." He kissed my forehead again before winking at me and heading off to his garage. I watched him walk away, guilt eating me knowing that he knew I was hungover, yet he didn't even care.