Chap 14: all we have

The silence hung above them like a haunting melody, clouding them in this heavy smug that is suffocating. Jimin's trimly clipped nails tap against the glazed wooden table. Glass of wine filled to the brim, resting comfortably between his fingers. His eyes spoke a thousand words, burning a dangerous hole right between his husbands eyes.

Jimin was fuming, a grotesque anger had taken hold of him and he wasn't quite ready to let go. He needed answers. Answers as to where is husband has been sneaking off too. Answers as to why his husband is lying to him. Answers to questions that could destroy his life as he knew it.

And that scared him. Absolutely petrified him but he needed to know. Needed to know the truth about the man he's married. The man he loves.

"What is this Jungkook? We haven't been on a date in months, so why now? Why now do you suddenly care about being a husband." Jimin takes a rather excessive swig of his drink, devouring it like it was orange juice.

Jungkook doesn't even flinch at the question, his gaze stone cold almost deadly. His dark orbs graze over his husband who sat brooding before him. He brings himself forward, catching his elbows on the edges of the table. His tongue laps at his bottom lip, sticking out to press into the tenderness of his cheek.

"Can't I take my beautiful husband out and enjoy a night with him without being interrogated." Jimin doesn't even try to hide his scoff, rolling his eyes at his audacity.

Jungkook lets out a dry breath, combing his slender fingers through his rough locks. He wasn't surprised Jimin is acting bratty as he supposed in some way he deserved it but nonetheless he didn't like his attitude.

"I haven't even started yet." Jimin doesn't bat a single eye as he gulps down the rest of his red wine.

Jungkook growls lowly, enough to signal to him he's not happy about the amount he's drinking. Jimin doesn't spare him a glance or notice, instead taking the open bottle which sat in the ice bucket beside them, going to poor himself another much needed drink.

"I know I've been lacking lately Jimin and I'm sorry, I'm going to do better." Jungkook retreats back to his seat, not forgetting to snatch the wine bottle from his small grasp

Jimin just glares at him, his lips wrap around the glass, seeming to have grown addicted to his drink.

"Are you? Because I'm finding that very hard to believe." He dumps the glass down roughly on the table, capturing the attention of a few other patrons in the quaint restaurant.

Jungkook lets his eyes linger on him for a moment, noticing how his knuckles whiten by how tightly he's gripping the glass.

"I love you Jimin and I'm going to make sure to show you that every single second of every day." Jungkook dumps the bottle back in its bucket, reaching out to latch his hand with his.

Jimin flinches away from his touch, like it was fire burning his flesh. He clenched his hands into fists, shifting back to distance himself from his husband.

"Just saying I love you every now and then isn't going to fix this Jungkook. I'm very angry with you and a cute dinner date isn't going to change that." Jimin couldn't contain the emotions bottling up inside him anymore.

Jungkook's jaw muscles tighten, he wasn't liking where this conversation was going. How Jimin's suspicious eyes raked over him, tinted in this distaste like he hated the sight of his own husband.

"I know it won't, but it's a start isn't it? All I want is for us to go back to how we used to be. When we were young and in love and nothing could tear us apart. I miss that." Jungkook wasn't afraid of much, in fact anything but losing Jimin.