Chapter 5

*Richie Tozier*
As the house phone starts ringing, I race downstairs, hoping it's Eddie. I answer.
"Hello?"
"Hey, can I speak to Richie?" Eddie's sweet, melancholy voice asks.
"This is thee Richie." I exclaim, of course using an accent. I listen to Eddie giggle.
"Richie, I'm not going." Eddie says.
"Wait, really!"
"No, I'm kidding. My Mom is letting me go." Eddie yells, excitedly. I instantly start to smile.
"Just ask him out!" I hear Beverly's voice in my head.
"That's great, Eds! Do you want me to pick you up?" I question. I was planning to ask Eddie out.
"Sure! Thanks, Richie."
*1 week later*
I pull into Eddie's driveway. Eddie has packed like we're moving to Stan's uncle's cabin. I sort of smile to myself as I read over what I'm going to say to Eddie. I hear the door open and I shove the piece of paper into my pocket.
"Good morning, Eds."
"Too early, Richard." Eddie scolds.
Cute.
"We're going to Stan's first then we're going to take Bev's aunt's van, okay?" I tell him.
"Okay."
We drive in silence. I open my mouth to speak to ask him but nothing comes out. We get to Stan's, all of the Losers' as we decided to call ourselves are waiting outside besides for Bev and Bill.
"Shit, they're breaking up aren't they?" Eddie asks.
"Or fucking." I tell him. He playfully punches my arm, I play it off as if he has actually hurt me.
"Where are Bill and Bev?" Eddie asks.
"Fighting." Stan casually replies. I load mine and Eddie's bags into the van before Bev and Bill walk out of the house. We load into the van. Bill and Stan in the front, Ben, Bev, and Mike in the middle row, and Eddie and I in the far back. The drive is only about an hour and 15 minutes. Eddie falls asleep on me instantly. Bev smiles at me. I look forward and I see why Bev and Bill broke up. Bill's hand on Stan's thigh. About an hour into the drive, everyone is asleep.
"Hey, you okay, Bev?" I whisper.
"Yeah. I mean, I support it. I just wish Bill would've told me before he took any actions. Did you ask, Eddie?" Bev explains.
"No. I'll ask him tonight. I promise." I tell her.