Chapter 16: More Than That

Start from the beginning

When we arrived at the mansion, we heard a song playing on the music player placed on the wooden divider of the huge living room. It was an old song entitled Please Don't Ask Me by John Farnham. There we saw Lolo Max sitting on the couch while turning the pages of a photo album.

"Lolo Max," Dylan called him, so he turned his head to us.

He let go of what he was holding and then stood up to approach us. He was very happy to see me that he patted my head as if I was still a kid.

"You're missing Lola Zenaida again," Dylan told him. That explained that the photo album contained pictures of Lolo Max's wife.

"I always miss her," he said, "Kumain na muna kayo. Nakahanda na ang pagkain."

Lots of food were waiting for us in the kitchen. The helps quickly assisted us and poured us some orange juice as we occupied the chairs there.

"Are your parents busy again, Storm?" Lolo Max asked Storm.

"Yeah. Papa is out of country, while Mama wants to wait for him before going here."

"How many days will you stay here, hija?" This time he asked me.

"Before Christmas eve," I replied.

"I told her to spend her Christmas here but she doesn't want to," ani Storm na animo'y nagsusumbong. Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata.

"You are welcome here, hija."

Pilit na ngumiti ako kay Lolo Max, "Naku! Hindi na po, Lolo, may gagawin din po kasi ako," palusot ko.

"Okay." Lolo Max started to eat.

I glared at Storm secretly. He just smirked before he drank water.

***

I heard some knocks on my room's door, and I knew that it was Dylan. Napagkasunduan kasi namin na maglibot sa lugar at puntahan ang ilang mga tanawin na hindi ko pa nakikita.

"Wait!" I shouted while I was zipping my backpack. I would bring some clothes with me just in case we would swim. I even wore my swimsuit already under my clothes.

I quickly opened the door and there I saw Dylan wore a black printed shirt, denim shorts and leather hiking sandals. He was also carrying a backpack.

"Let's go," he said and then held my hand, dragging me outside the mansion. His hand was so warm.

"Aren't we gonna bring snacks?"

"No need to. We will go home before the night comes." He said and held my hand to help me to ride the horse and then he rode next. He was behind me, which made the atmosphere uncomfortable; I even got goose bumps.

When he held the rope connected to the halter of the horse, I felt his warm body met my back. The horse started to walk and then run in an smooth way unlike my experience with Kirby. I was just silent because I felt awkward with his presence behind me.

Ilang sandali lamang ay nakarating kami sa batis na pinuntahan namin noong gabing namalagi kami sa falls. Napakaganda pala roon at sobrang linis ng tubig. Parang ang sarap maligo roon.

"Can we soak there?" sabi ko kay Dylan kaya bumagal ang takbo ng kabayo at huminto ito sa gilid ng batis.

"Are you sure? Don't you want to the hill first?"