Chapter 13: Mood Wings

It was Sunday, and we would go for a mass in the church. Lolo Max ordered that so we couldn't say no. I just wore a pink dress and white rubber shoes. It wasn't my first time to go there but the feeling was still the same. I could still feel the tension because Lolo Max didn't want to hear anything from us during the sermon of the priest. He was acting like a very strict parent.

The sound of the choir produces peace of mind but that made me feel a little bit sleepy. But my spirit suddenly awoke when Dylan held my hand because everybody was holding each other's hands while listening to the choir's song. I looked at him. His eyes were just focused on the altar while wearing a straight face. He later let go of my hand when the song ended.

"Peace be with you," everybody said to each other when the mass ended.

"Peace be with you," I told Dylan. He didn't react. He just walked past me, heading his cousins' location. Napakunot-noo ako at napasunod lang ng tingin sa kanya. "Masungit na naman," bulong ko. Kaunti na lang maniniwala na akong may saltik sa ulo 'tong si Dylan. Ang ayos pa lang kaya niya kagabi.

We went to the square a little bit far away from the location of the hacienda to have our lunch. We found a mall there.

"Lolo Max, can we wander around the mall just for while?" Mandy asked Lolo Max as we entered the entrance of the mall.

"Okay. Just go straight to the restaurant where we will eat," pagpayag nito. Nilingon niya ang mga boys, "Bantayan niyo ang mga 'yan," aniya sa mga ito.

"Lolo naman eh! Di naman kami bata!" reklamo ni Mandy.

"Kahit na," ani Lolo Max. "Alex, you will come with me," aniya kay Alex. Nakita ko sa facial expression ni Alex ang pagtutol dahil tila gusto rin nitong sumama kina Dylan, pero wala rin itong nagawa.

"I'll also come with you, Lo," ani Kuya Breydon at sumunod kina Lolo Max at Alex.

"Let's go." Hinila na ako ni Wren kaya nagpatianod lang ako. Lumingon ako sa likuran namin at nakita ko na nakasunod nga sa amin sina Dylan, Sean, Kuya Breyden at Kirby.

Binaling ko ang tingin ko kina Mandy. "Where are we going?" I asked them.

"I want to buy new clothes!" ani Mandy.

Nagpatuloy kami sa paglalakad sa mall at nagtingin-tingin sa paligid namin para humanap ng store na nagbebenta ng mga damit. Habang naglalakad kami, napasin ko na napapatingin sa likuran namin ang mga taong nadadaanan namin. I knew that it was because we were with the boys, and they were really a head-turner. I was already used to that because that always happened whenever Dylan and I went to mall.

Pumasok kami sa isang sikat na bilihan ng mga damit dahil iyon ang napili ni Mandy. I helped her out to choose clothes for her. All the clothes were very expensive and I wondered how could they spend their money for this. Iba talaga 'pag mayaman.

"Hello, Kuya. Ikaw po ba si Storm? 'Yung nasa YouTube?" Dinig kong sabi ng isang kabataang babae sa may bandang likuran ko. Nang lumingon ako roon, nakita kong si Dylan ang tinatanong nito.

"Uhm . . . yes," Dylan replied.

She gasped in surprise and even put her hand over her mouth like she wanted to scream. "Oh my God!" she hissed and then turned her head to the another girl beside her who was also surprised. They stared at each other before the girl who was talking to Dylan asked him again, "Pwede po bang magpapicture? We are your fan and we love you so much!" excited na sabi nito at tila kinikilig pa.

A smile formed on Dylan's lips. "Yeah, sure," he said.

The girl gave her phone to her friend and then stood by beside Dylan. Dylan just smiled at the camera. After that, the girl jumped on her friend in so much happiness. Her friend also requested to have a picture with Dylan. They thanked Dylan before they left.