Summer of 87'

MIA CAMPBELL

It's been 7 months of the girls and I going back & forth out the studio. We've recorded 5 full songs and 5 scraps to work on. The amount of happiness I've been living is out of this world. The guys are finishing the last few touches on their first album debut, and they've been getting gigs back to back. They even let us perform before them, sometimes .

Mike won't shut up about me owing him once I'm big, but he doesn't even know that's first on my list of achievements list. To make sure him and my aunt  are always straight and satisfied.

Speaking of satisfied, it's what I plan to be on this date. I'm currently in the mirror trying to figure out what looks good on me, though everything looks good on me, but what fits perfect for the occasion.

We're  going to a grand poetry slam. I told him how much I love spoken word and he just ran with it. This guy gave his all to grab my attention little did know, he had it the first day I laid eyes on him.
...

I finally settled with a black blazer with a sharp collar, a tight white T under and black floral pants. I brushed my hair into a bun and threw on some black heel boots.

We were on our way to the bar by a quarter to 7. We made it just in time, by 8.

"You ready, baby?" He smiled at me
"Past that." I chuckled. "And what I tell you about that baby word? "
He just waved me off and came to my side of the car to open my door.

"You gon' be mine in a minute, might as well get comfortable."
He said with a smug look on his face as we came in and found a table to sit at.
This man was perfect.

"I need to go up the next time they do this shit." I said excitedly.
"You'll kill that shit, huh?"
He asked with a smirk.
"Murder." I said confidently.
"Alright, now!" I laughed right before the speaker came out to announce their first performer.

The first guy had jokes for days, Laughs were heard the whole way through.
I don't think my date paid much attention though, I just felt his eyes on me.
5 performers deep and my attention was captured by them all, but this last one caught me and held tight.

Rub against me closer than the way my clothes fit
Tell me your deepest secrets and Express your deepest sins on my stomach
Let your left be my right
And let me ride you all night
I loved you before I met you
And I thought you were the finest thing before I even saw you
I know you love music
So let my legs be the headsets
And my moans be the beat
Did you catch the rhythm yet?
Baby makin' love to you
Is like I'm on my way to heaven
Everytime we do it
You take me back .....

to the
Summer of 87'

"That was beautiful, wasn't it?"
He nodded in agreement while he moved closer. "It was."
He rested his huge hand gently on my left thigh. My breath got caught in my throat and I gained goosebumps.

He kissed the side of my face until he made it down to my lips.
His kisses made me feel safe, his lips

felt like...

A seat.

SHIT! What am I doing? This is the first date. Before I could get my thoughts together to speak- "Mia" he began to rub my thigh. I looked up at him.

"Dre"