"Y/n, I'm going to go help the fire fighters. You-"

"I'll find a way to douse the flames. You focus on finding Dr L/n." You twisted his words around and gave him a stern expression. Astro's eyes widened in surprise. He then nodded and turned his back to you. You bit your lip and breathed in. Before he could fly off, you pulled him back and gave him a quick peck to the cheek, surprising him.

Astro turned towards you with a flushed face and gently pressed his fingers to his cheek. You, just as flustered as he was, gave him a small smile and released his hand.

"F-for before. I-I'll see you after!" You exclaimed and took off in the other direction. Astro stood frozen on the spot with an astonished expression on his face. He then slapped his cheeks and shook his head. No, he had to focus! He would sort his feelings out later.

Astro bent his knees and he immediately took off for the skies. Reluctantly ignoring the flames below him, he set his sights for the ministry of science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not even the wind could cool your flushed face as you ran along the outskirts of the city. You knotted your brows together and attempted to grasp an understanding of this new feeling. You couldn't understand why, but this feeling had begun to develop ever since you and Astro were trapped in the dream world. Ever since...

Your fingers brushed against the spot where Astro had kissed you, and you felt yourself redden even more. You then shook your head of your thoughts and slapped your cheeks. You had to focus!

As if the world itself was telling you to focus, the ends of your hair were practically scorched from the rising flames coming from the burning city. You sucked in a sharp breath and fisted the hem of your shirt in your palms as you watched the burning flames rise over your head. You took a step back and furrowed your brows with worry as the people of Metro City fled the area.

As the crowd of citizens approached you, you were knocked off your feet by the first wave of fleeting citizens. You cried out and fell to the ground. You then winced as everyone trampled over you, knocking you back to the ground every time you attempted to sit up. Once the first wave had passed, you grunted in pain and dragged yourself into a seated position.

"Ow, that hurt. I have to do something. But what do I do...?" You breathed and constantly flickered your attention from the fire to the objects around you. A flash of thunder then echoed behind you in the distance, surprising you. You whipped your head towards the mountains you and Astro had previously fled from and noted the thunder clouds and the pouring rain.

Rain...? You watched every droplet fall into the wildlife and you felt an idea forming in your mind. A light shone above you, making you gleam and shoot up with inspiration.

"That's it!" You exclaimed and immediately took off for the mountains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miraculously, the ministry of science was one of the few buildings left standing despite the fast growing flames engulfing the city. Astro shot threw the flames and stumbled out into the open. He then braced his arms before him and burst through the solid cement walls leading into one of the main hallways.

Astro did a barrel roll and smacked his forehead against the wall upon impact. He grunted in pain and lightly fell back with a few good noticeable scratches on his head.

"Ow, not as cool as I'd thought..." He mumbled and rubbed the sore spot on his forehead. He then shook his head of the pain and shot up from his spot on the floor. "Okay, gotta get to dad. And Dr L/n, if he's really there..." He trailed off, and rolled his shoulders. He then activated his rockets and flew down the hallways at max speed.