When We Meet

Astro watched the one sided bickering between Robotski and Drive as the three of them travelled down the street at a relaxing pace. Drive sneered at Robotski and pulled at his trombone.

"How many times do I have to tell ya to stop blowing that thing in people's faces!? You're gonna damage something!" He snapped. As if to taunt him, Robotski blew the trombone in his face and ran off. A tick mark appeared on Drive's head and he clenched his fists. He then reached over and pried a trash can from the concrete and threw it at Robotski's head, knocking him forwards.

Astro sweat dropped as onlookers took pictures and videos of this funny exchange between robots. He honestly felt sorry for the robots who had to clean this up. Distracted by his thoughts, he didn't notice the vibrations his phone made in his pocket until the last second. Astro fumbled to grab his phone from his pocket and hurriedly pressed the answer button and held it up to his ear.

"U-uh, yeah?"

"Toby? Where are you right now?" His father's voice rang through the phone. Astro perked up at the sound of his father's voice and turned away from the two idiots quarrelling.

"Oh, I'm just in town, dad. Did you need something?" He asked. Tenma hummed in acknowledgment.

"Yes, I know this will be a dangerous task, but can you approach the thunderstorm above mount Fuji and get a visual recording of it? The research department has tried to get near it, but so far nothing has worked. I will be sure to reward you after this." Tenma said. Astro's eyes widened at his request, and he eyed the mountain warily.

"If I do this, I hope you will finally get me that VR set I've always wanted." Astro said to him. Tenma laughed on the other end of the line.

"Yes yes, I will be sure to get you that, but only until after the job is done." He stated. Astro inwardly sighed and nodded.

"Yeah yeah. Alright, I'll go check it out." Astro could practically feel the delightful aura on the other side of the phone his father emitted. He then pressed the red button on his phone, ending the call.

When Astro turned back around, he saw Drive and Robotski wrestling on the ground for the trombone. Astro slid down one of the lamp posts as he shook his head in aggravation while everyone cheered for the two robots, betting with each other to see who would win.

"I've...got nothing to do with this." He mumbled to himself and turned his back on the two. Without even sparing them a single glance, Astro approached the mountain where his next mission lied. Drive looked up and saw him walking away from them, making him shoot up from the spot and call out for him.

"Hey! Don't leave me with this idiot! Hey- I will kill you!" Drive snapped as Robotski snatched the trombone from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astro slowly approached the mountain with his hands tucked into his pockets, a skeptical frown on his face. He seriously didn't want to do this. Thunder and metal didn't exactly go well together. He let out a heavy sigh and slowed to a stop at the edge of town. His eyes watched the mountain carefully as lightning and thunder engulfed the area around mount Fuji, the clouds had basically obscured the wildlife, making it almost impossible to travel through.

With much reluctance, Astro took out his phone and prepared the recording. Just as he was about to press the button, a lone figure could be seen running towards him, away from the thunderstorm. He set his phone down and furrowed his brows in confusion as the figure approached him.

You breathed in heavily as a lightning bolt gave you one more fright, throwing you forwards. You screamed at the impact and skidded along the ground, coming to a stop at a pair of feet. You grunted in pain and sat up while holding your head.