The Same of Your Kind

Dust clouds appeared behind you as you ran along the dirt road, dirtying your clothes even more. You whipped your head in all directions as you took in your surroundings. How long did this green grass field go on for? For the past two hours this was all you saw.

You frowned to yourself as you continued at a steady pace. The old man wasn't kidding when he said it would take you an entire day to reach Metro City. Now you kind of wished he came along with you. That way you at least had some company on the trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You cried out in happiness the moment you finally reached a new terrain. Finally, something interesting! Instead of the lush green grass you were used to, this new terrain was a dirt-filled junk yard that was filled to the brim with old broken down robots. You slumped forwards in exhaustion and let out a heavy sigh. It took you almost thirteen hours just to reach this place.

Everything was silent and the only sounds that could be heard was the howling of the wind and the crickets. The darkness that night brought didn't exactly calm you as much.

"What is with this place? It took me way too long to get here." You mumbled to yourself and walked over to a small pile of robots. You then looked towards the faint mountain in the distance and frowned. "And I'm nowhere near the city either. Am I even going in the right direction?" You pondered to yourself.

You began to pace in a circle as you held a hand to your chin and hummed in thought.

"I kind of did just rush out of the building without even asking where the city was. I just went on instinct. Aw, now I wish the old man was here!" You cried and gripped your head tightly. You then slumped forwards and walked back over to the pile.

Just as you were about to sit down, a robot's head suddenly piped up.

"Yo! Watch where you're sitting, kid!" It snapped. You yelped in surprise and jumped back.

"Woah! A talking head!" You cried out. The robot head clicked its tongue and rolled its eyes at you.

"Stupid kid! Why are you so surprised? This is a junkyard! Of course there'd be a talking robot head!" You frowned at the head and shrinked back.

"You're not really nice..." You mumbled. A tick mark appeared on the robot's head and he glared at you.

"Get outta here! Nobody needs some dumb human child around here. Go on, shoo!" He shouted. You frowned at the robot even more and straightened.

"But I'm a robot too." You pointed out. The robot head froze and he eyed you up and down. He then bursted out into laughter and his head rocked back and forth.

"Hahahahaha! You? A robot? Dream on, kid. You don't even look like one." He pointed out. You pressed your lips into a thin line.

"But I am!" You protested. The robot head continued to laugh. Steam came out of your ears and you gritted your teeth in annoyance. "At least I'm more of a robot than you are. I have a body!" You shouted before turning your back to him and marched forwards. The robot head gasped and bounced his head in your direction.

"Oi! Come back here and say that to my face!" He snapped.

"Just did!" You retorted before continuing forwards. Seriously, what was up with that robot? How rude. You walked on for a few more minutes before deciding to call it a night.

You brushed away a few robot parts with your feet and collapsed onto the dirt road.

"I'm exhausted. Sometimes I wish I could fly. I wonder if the boy the old man was talking about can fly..." You spoke to yourself and looked up at the night's sky. Your eyes then widened at the starry sky above you. Their radiant shine reflected through your bright E/C orbs. So many lights shone in the sky, they looked absolutely breathtaking. 'If I remember correctly, the old man called these lights stars.' You thought to yourself as you admired the stars above you.