Chapter 71

(THE NEXT DAY)

(THE NEXT DAY)

The whole family was gathered around the piano in awe as we watched the girls play the piano together. I smiled as I watched my daughter play so effortlessly, as if it came natural to her. Alice entered the room. She let out a gasp, her eyes clouding over as she fell into a vision. She suddenly dropped the vase and everyone turned to her.

Jasper rushed to her side instantly. "What is it Alice?" He questioned. "The Volturi. They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard, and Irina" Alice said. "Avery, come here" I said gently as I held my hand out for her and she ran over to me as Renesmee ran over to Bella. Avery wrapped her arms around my waist as she hugged me and I held her.

"Why?" Carlisle asked as he stepped forward. "What did Irina see in the woods?" said Edward as he turned to Bella and I. "We were just walking" I said. "The girls were catching snowflakes" said Jake as he stood beside Embry who nodded. "Of course" Edward muttered and I looked to Emmett, a stern look on his face.

"Irina thinks Renesmee and Avery are immortal children" Edward said and I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Immortal what?" I questioned completely confused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The immortal children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them" Carlisle explained and Bella and I looked through an old book. "But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation, stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed. Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families...lost" Carlisle explained.

"So the Denali's mother made an immortal child?" Bella questioned. "Yes. And she paid the price" Carlisle replied solemnly. "Well Renesmee and Avery are nothing like those children!" Bella said from beside me. "They were born not bitten they grow every single day!" I snapped. "So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Embry asked from his seat.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts" Edward said and I felt the anger rise in my chest. "So we fight" Jacob said. "Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand against Jane" Jasper said and we all turned to him and Alice. "Alec's even worse" Alice said. "Well then we convince them! Bella and I did not go through what we went through bringing the girls into this world only for them to be taken away from us all because of some false information" I argued.

"They're coming to kill us not to talk" Damon replied. "No you're right. They won't listen to us. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world" Edward said. "I won't ask them to fight" Carlisle said shaking his head slightly. "Not fight, witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen" Edward said.

"We can ask this of our friends" Esme said as she placed her hand on Carlisle's arm and he nodded in agreement. After our little meeting I walked to the living room where Renesmee and Avery were lying on the couch as Rosalie read them a story. "Come on sweetie, lets head home. We have a big day tomorrow" I said and Emmett picked her up.

"Bye aunt Rose, bye Nessie" Avery sad as she waved before we left Carlisle's home. "Mommy, where are we going tomorrow?" Avery asked as we walked home. "We're going to see some family in Alaska" I said and a confused expression crossed her little face. "Why?" She questioned. "Because we need their help" I said and she nodded.

We entered the house and I walked her upstairs to her room. She changed into her pyjamas and I tucked her into bed as Emmett walked in. "Goodnight princess. I love you" Emmett said giving her a hug and pecking her cheek. "Goodnight daddy, I love you" She replied and he stepped aside as I walked over to her.

"Goodnight baby" I said kissing her forehead as she hugged me. "Goodnight mommy. I love you" She said as I stood up. "I love you too. I'll see you in the morning" I said before turning on her night light and leaving her room closing the door softly. Emmett and I walked to our room and I took off my boots as I sat on the bed.

"I can't believe this is happening" I said as I ran my hand through my hair. Emmett sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "The moment things go good, something ralways has to happen. First it was James, then you guys left town after Bella's birthday party disaster, then Victoria and her army came after us, then I got pregnant and nearly died, and now, the Volturi are after us because they think our daughter is an immortal child. It just feels like we can never catch a break, like we can never just be peaceful and happy" I said and Emmett kissed my temple.

"I know babe. Welcome to the vampire lifestyle" Emmett said and I giggled. "How about I help you take your mind off things?" Emmett said seductively as he began to unbutton my top and I smirked as I turned to him. "And how do you intend to do that?" I said with a smirk. "You just leave that to me" He said before laying me down pressing his lips to mine.