Chapter 1: The Adventurer

A few notes before you start reading: This book isn't ment to offend anyone, it's just fiction and nothing else, I'm just having fun writing this fic. English is not my first language, so excuse my spelling mistakes please. Currently I'm not planning on writing smut, but I will write it if ya'll want me to, I'm not new to it. (forgive me, for I have sinned.) Zak/Skeppy has little pieces of diamond covering his body, referencing his minecraft skin (like on the cover/picture above). This is a plot device, so keep this in mind.

It was night, the stars being the only thing illuminating the dark forest just outside the huge redstone city. And, as most people know, you shouldn't go outside at night... But the person running through the forest right now, didn't seem to have much of a choice.

Zak, or Skeppy, as he called himself every now and then, stumbled through the forest, slashing at a zombie with a weak wooden sword. As he screamed and tried desprately to keep the monsters away from him, his weak wooden sword snapped in half.

"Dammit!" he cursed under his breath, slightly panicking on the inside, he didn't have a backup plan! When an arrow flew right past his face, he knew it was time to run. He chucked the broken sword at a zombie's face, and dashed into the opposite direction. There was no way he could take on both zombies and skeletons at the same time, especially not without a sword!

Running through the trees, he tried to find anything, anything at all, to protect himself with! But him being clumsy, tripped, and he fell flat down on his face. Horrified, he stared up at the monsters coming closer and closer. Still sitting on the ground, he tried to push himself backwards, horror visible in his eyes as he bumped into a tree behind him. He had given up on running away, there was no way he was going to make it out alive...

He covered his face with his hands, and got ready for either an arrow to pierce him right through the head, or a zombie that was going to bite him to death... But that didn't happen... Instead, he heard the monsters... Dying? He uncovered his eyes, and looked up at a figure standing over him. He was wearing a black and red hood, it was casting a shadow over his face and made his eyes look like they were a glowing white. Zak thought it looked very interesting. The figure was also wearing a belt with a diamond sword strapped onto his back. This guy must be one of those weird adventurers that go out of the city to acctually do stuff like their ancestors used to do... Mine and craft, make their own houses, all that stuff. How could Zak tell? The chainmail under his hoodie, the diamond sword, those were all things odinary people that lived in redstone city didn't have. In redstone city, the most that people did was, well, work with redstone! This guy also seemed to have a lot more fighting experience than anyone Zak had seen!

"Get up you muffin, did no one ever teach you not to travel at night?" the stranger asked, and pulled Zak up. Zak tilted his head, did that guy just say 'muffin?' Nah he must have misheard, at least he hoped he misheard.

"I'm Zak, thank you for saving me, if you weren't there I would be zombie food right now!" Zak exlaimed.

"It's no problem muffin!" Ok that guy definetly said muffin. That guy just called him a pastry. "I'm Da- Badboyhalo. That's my adventurers name anyway," Badboyhalo said. "It's not safe around here, come I'll take you to my house," he said, and pulled Zak into the direction of his house, at least that's what Zak hoped.

The way to Bad's house was scary, Zak was very on edge, eventhough he knew Bad could handle monsters no problem. That is why he sighed in relief when he saw a house in the distance.

The house was made out of oak wood, cobblestone covering the bottom of the house, it made the house look inviting in Zak's opinion.

Badboyhalo opened the door for Zak, and Zak stepped into the house. The first thing Zak noticed was the floor, it was entirely made out of the same wooden planks the house itself was made out of. In the corner of the house Zak noticed furnaces, and a crafting table. That must mean this Badboyhalo guy did really craft all his stuff himself! Zak was amazed!

"Welcome to my humble shack!" Badboyhalo said proudly, it was clear he was proud of his house, and Zak could see why. "What were you doing all alone in the woods anyway? At night no less!" Bad asked, opening a chest and putting the sword into it.

Zak fiddled with his fingers, that was something he rather wouldn't tell someone he just met... "No reason..." he muttered, looking at the ground, not daring to make eye contact. He had always been a bad liar, and he didn't want the adventurer to know he was lying straight to his face.

Badboyhalo tilted his head, but nodded. "Alright, if you say so," he said, throwing some sort of strange looking rock into the furnace standing next to the crafting table. Zak curiously walked over to the furnace.

"What are you doing?" he asked, in redstone city they didn't put rocks in furnaces... Bad looked at him with a face that screemed 'wtf.' Zak nervously rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed he didn't know what Bad was doing, to Bad it was probably the most obvious thing in the world.

"Smelting iron," Bad replied, checking the furnace, before pulling out a few iron ingots. Zak watched as Bad walked over to the crafting table, pulled out two sticks, and placed the five items onto the crafting table, until the items started shaking. Zak watched in curiosity, before all the pieces flew together, and formed an iron pickaxe. Zak gasped, he had never seen anybody craft before! That was amazing!

"Nah, it's nothing, I do this everytime my pick breaks," Bad said with a smile, wait had Zak said that out loud? "So Zak, since you have nowhere to go, I wouldn't mind having you here until you can find a place to live!" He was so kind...

"That would be a real help, thank you!" Zak said, thanking the minecraft gods he had found a place to stay after... The incident.

"It's no problem at all! I have an extra bed in the basement, if you don't mind sleeping in a basement that is," Bad suggested, pointing at stairs leading down. Zak should have guessed, Bad lived alone, it was normal he wasn't expecting anyone...

"No it's fine, I'm happy enough I got a place to stay!" Zak chuckled. "As long as you don't lock me up in there," Zak joked.

"What is that supposed to mean?! I don't want you trapped in my basement!" Bad yelled, making Zak chuckle. "The bed should be right next to the stairs, blue, next to a torch, can't miss it," Bad grumbled. Zak chuckled, and nodded.

"I should be off to bed then, g'night baldy," Zak joked, and took the stairs down.

"Ok goodnight muffi- wait I'm not bald!" Zak could hear Bad yell, even from the basement.

Zak climbed into the bed, and sighed happily. He had found a place to stay and that was good enough for him, even if the house he was staying in belonged to a weird muffin man.