05: listen

PLAYING...

TAKE ON ME | A-HA!

**✿❀ ❀✿**

3:38 pm

Joshua notices that Jeonghan's hands are gorgeous and holdable, but he doesn't say those thoughts out loud. Instead, he simply watches Jeonghan pour a shit ton of creamer into his coffee and swirl it around with a faint smile.

"Hi babes, I got a triple stack of Belgium waffles here," a voice announces. Joshua turns to see that it's just the waiter, a tangerine-haired guy with chubby cheeks in a 50's diner costume. 

Jeonghan waves his hand and pipes up, "Ooh! That's me!"

The hot plate is set down in front of Jeonghan, who sweetly thanks the waiter before they leave. He wastes no time, stabbing a bright red strawberry and stuffing it into his mouth with enthusiasm. Even the way he eats is cute, he thinks.

(Joshua can't say that either.)

"You don't want anything to eat?" Jeonghan questions, slight concern in his voice, after washing down a bite of his crispy waffles with a long sip of coffee.

"Um... no," Joshua answers. "Not really."

Just then, his stomach lets out a little rumble, equivalent to a baby lion roar, which gets Jeonghan's attention. "Liar!" Jeonghan dramatically gasps. "You are so hungry."

Joshua shrugs again. It seems to be the only thing he's capable of doing, besides looking like a complete idiot. "I... I didn't eat breakfast," he confirms, reminiscing how he woke up late and sprinted to work, not wanting to be late. The irony is, though, that he's skipping work anyways--- something that Joshua had not predicted.

He also doesn't predict Jeonghan slicing up the waffles, pouring syrup on it, and sliding his plate to the middle of the table, so that it's evenly between the two men. "There," Jeonghan says as if to say that his job is done. 

"What are you doing?"

"Sharing," Jeonghan replies. He tilts his head and nonchalantly chews on some of his Belgium waffles, before pointing the prongs of a fork towards Joshua. "Because sharing is caring and I don't want to you die of starvation, Shua."

Then he goes back to eating, not even giving Joshua a chance to decline his offer. Joshua has a feeling that if he tries to, Jeonghan will be upset with him, so he gingerly takes a fork and takes a stab of his own into the bite-sized fluff. When he puts it into his mouth and chews, he's met with an airy, sweet texture tinged with a touch of ripe spring strawberries.

"This is..." Joshua swallows. "Good."

Jeonghan smiles and excitedly rambles, "It is! And can you believe that there's so much more food that's just as delicious?" He takes another bite. "Like, I want to try every food known to mankind."

A soft chuckle comes out of Joshua's mouth naturally. "How will you do that?"

Jeonghan cheerfully shrugs. "Maybe I'll go on another adventure, visit another country," he playfully muses, adding, "I've always wanted to see the Colleseum in Rome."