We watched Matteo and Jacob as they played in silence.

"Do you wanna go back?" I directed my question to her.

She sighs, "I don't know. I mean, we're happy here but I miss my family and friends."

I nod in understanding, "Let's get the boys home and start packing."

~

"Dad fix my bow tie please," Matteo begs as he walks into my open room.

I fix his tie for him and dust his jacket down.

He stayed on spot watching me as I continued to fix myself. He was fidgeting like he did when he was nervous.

"Matteo what is it?" I asked in my most gentle tone.

"Are we gonna live here now?"

"Yes. This is where we'll stay for the rest of our lives." I watched his confused face. "Sit down."

He sat on the bed and looked up at me with eyes identical to mine that shone with innocence.

"We lived here before we moved to Portugal, this is where you were born. Both your mother's and I family live here and soon you'll get to meet them. I know you miss Portugal but here is your home, okay?" He nodded in understanding.

"Good, now go put on your shoes," I commanded and he walked off knowing he wasn't supposed to run.

I met Alyssa by the car after checking out the place one last time before I closed up.

"You okay? You seem nervous," I state lowly.

"I am, we haven't seen these people in seven years," she makes it her job to point out.

I smack a kiss on her pouty lips before I respond, "That's why we're arriving a bit late, to buy us more time."

Alyssa and I got into my BMW and we made a silent journey to the cathedral.

With my sunglasses on my face, and Alyssa being shielded by her big hat and sunglasses there was no way anybody would even think it was us. Especially with the belief that we were dead.

The funeral had people out in their numbers but it was short, sweet and intimately like Alessio would've wanted it to be. He didn't want to have a long funeral like he was of much importance. He acknowledged that he was just a rich, dirty criminal who had been lucky enough to not be caught and because of that he was no different from the other criminals, thus his reason for not wanting to seem important.

Alyssa and I kept our heads down as my family walked by us and it seemed even our sons knew what's up because they remained quiet.

We got in our car and made our way to the family house where I'm sure everyone would be.

I rung the doorbell and Santino opened the door.

He looked barely different than the last time I saw him. His dark wavy curls were shorter on his head but apart from that I could still pick him out in a large crowd anywhere.

"Come on in. Thank you for coming to the funeral and food and refreshments are straight ahead," he rattled off his head.

My lips twitched tempted to smile about him not recognizing me.