Chapter 6

Alyssa and I aren't talking to each other. We still have to communicate some way however so she leaves me notes and I do the same. If we're not at the same place she sends me texts and I do the same. Things are working out better for us this way since they're less arguments and less confrontations.

I'm about to pass her room before going downstairs so I slide a note under her door reminding her about the celebration later.

There is going to be a big celebration in honor of my brother taking over our family company Rossini Enterprise. Don't let the name fool you. It has regular business aspects but it's also the name the gun manufacturing section goes under. Basically we are pulling the largest gun shipment under our names. Not only had he managed to be chief executive officer but he has made a drastic change with the sales of the company since his arrival. So in lesser words he's made us richer.

Santino is good like that. The reasoning skills he possesses in real life were applied to the running of the business.

All of my brothers are business moguls. Dante owns some of the most illicit clubs across the country. Each state had their own branch with different names but I have to say the best one is the first branch established here in New York called Luminosity. Santino helped him out in the decision making process as everyone knew that Dante doesn't have that authority about him.

Then there was Franco, he owned a chain of restaurants across the country. He started the idea through our mother who helped him since he was young and when he got old enough he took over, still with the help of our mother.

Then there's me. When I first started marketing at uni it encouraged me to invest money in establishing a car dealership, which I did in my second year. I loved marketing and I decided that I would invest in things that had a target market. The next was a chain of apartment complexes across New York. They were all considered spectacular with stellar designs and ideal locations and is featured all year round in the most popular home magazines. The final thing I wanted to do now was to dabble into wine.

Wine is something famous among Italians and I guarantee that I would make loads of money. Money was all I thought about to be honest and that's why unlike my brothers who only dabbled into something they liked, I dabbled into anywhere I saw that I could make more money.

I want to start the wine business after Alyssa has the baby because not only will this business need my sole attention but I also want her to be involved in the tasting process because I don't think I trust anyone else to give me a good feedback like her. She loves wine.

Today was my relaxing day. I had nothing to do other than get up later to get ready for the party. I still had to be in touch with my managers though to maintain order while I'm not there.

I sat on the balcony having lunch and looking over into my yard at how beautiful the scenery was. Soon it would be snowing in New York since winter was coming and I couldn't wait.

I sound like a fucking kid but truth be told, I love Christmas just as much as Alyssa.

Speak of the devil and it appears. She comes through the glass doors nearly bucking her toe to how glued on her phone she was. When she looked up to see me sitting there, she rolled her eyes and walked back inside.

I smiled and even slightly chuckled over the glass of orange juice I held at my mouth. I sent her a quick text saying that for rolling her eyes at me she had to sit with me and eat lunch or else...

She was back in the next two minutes huffing before sitting down.

Her hair was up in a fuzzy bun, face bare and beautiful as her body adorned a big sweater that I'm sure is mine and sweatpants. She was effortlessly beautiful and because she didn't know just how much her humbleness made her seem radiant.