↳ Chapter 5

❋✦❋✦❋
Chapter 5: 
A New Dawn

❋✦❋✦❋Chapter 5: A New Dawn

❋✦❋✦❋

The feeling in Bex's chest only grew more uncomfortable the further into the desert that they rode. What was once just a slight tugging sensation began to feel more like a sharp pain, it felt like a vibro-blade was being shoved between her ribs. She pressed a hand against her side, trying to apply pressure in order to soothe the pain, but the constant sway of the creatures only made it worse.

But while it hurt, there was a part of it that felt like gravity, a constant tugging toward the direction they were walking. She felt like she was a magnet, like no matter how hard she would try, she couldn't pull away. It was confusing. She was unsure of what she was supposed to do. She wanted to tell her partner, but she was unsure of how she was to explain it. How was she supposed to explain her dreams? How was she to explain everything she had been seeing and how real it felt to her?

Bex was so lost in her thoughts that hadn't realized the Blurrg had slowed to a stop. It wasn't until Kuiil began to speak that she realized that they had reached their destination.

"They are just beyond that ridge." Kuiil pointed to the west. "Be wary. Their numbers are strong, but that is where you will find your quarry."

Mando reached to his belt, removing a small bag of credits. He reached across to Kuiil, offering it to him. "Please. You deserve this."

Kuiil shook his head, refusing the payment. "Ever since these ones arrived, this territory has been an endless stream of mercenaries seeking reward and bringing destruction." He explained.

"Then why guide us?" Bex questioned.

"They do not belong here. Those that live here come to seek peace...There will be no peace until they are gone."

"Is that why you help?"

Kuiil nodded. "I have never met Mandalorians, I've only read the stories. Even if half of those are true, I know that you will make quick work of this. And then there will be peace again."

Mando slid off the creature, adjusting his rifle as Bex slid off behind him.

"We'll take care of it." Mando said with a curt nod, looking at Kuiil. "You'll have peace once more."

"We promise."

The two said their goodbyes to Kuiil, giving him a curt wave as he gathered the reigns of their Blurrg and started back toward the way that they had come from.

Bex adjusted the collar of her jacket, pulling the material taut against herself so it wouldn't be in the way as the two began the real legwork of their mission. She followed Mando as he approached the cliffside, dropping down to her stomach next to him as the two approached the edge. Once she peered over the edge of the cliffside, she could make out the outline of a compound tucked into the sandstone. It was hard to make out any other details beside the basic shape of the building, causing Mando to reach to his belt and pull out a small scope.