↳ Chapter 2

❋✦❋✦❋
Chapter 2:
Legacy of Your Own

❋✦❋✦❋Chapter 2: Legacy of Your Own

❋✦❋✦❋

-Italics in this chapter represents the Mando'a Concordian dialect-

❋✦❋✦❋

Bex kept her eyes closed as she tried to quell the adrenaline rushing through her veins. The pain that flared in her leg returned; a slow stabbing, ebbing burning into her thigh.

Mando was quick to notice Bex squeezing her upper leg out of the corner of his eye. From the pained expression on her face and the fact her eyes pressed tightly closed, he knew that she was in pain.

"I like your ship."

Mando withheld a frustrated sigh as he rolled his eyes. He had forgotten about the Mythrol.

"She's a classic." He continued. "Razor Crest, right? Pre-Empire?"

Mando didn't like how much he knew about the ship. It was about time for him to take a carbonite nap, before Mando lost his patience.

"I have a lot of credits, you know. That's why I offered to hail a cruiser."

Bex let out a shuttered breath, making Mando look back over to her.

He switched the Crest into autopilot as he stood from his seat. He moved past The Mythrol as he entered the hold. Moving to a chamber, he pressed a few sequence buttons, making the doors slide open. Rummaging around at the bottom of the small cabinet, he withdrew what he was looking for. He closed the chamber before moving back to the cockpit.

He positioned himself so that he was kneeling down in front of Bex. Setting the pressurized syringe down, he began hooking the components of the brace together.

"What are you doing?" She questioned.

"Yeah, what are you doing?" The Mythrol asked as well.

"Stop talking." Mando snapped at the mark as he continued to work at the brace.

As carefully as he could, he let his fingers move across the brackets of the brace, twisting the pieces together carefully as he started applying the brace to Bex's leg

"Right." The Mythrol trailed off. "I think I need to use the vacc tube. I mean, I can do it here, but if you've never seen a fledgling Mythrol evacuate their thorax, you're lucky, trust me...plus it seems that you two are busy."

Mando didn't respond.

The Mythrol clicked his tongue as he stood. "So, uh...I'm gonna look for the vac tube if it's all the same to you."

Bex tracked the man with her eyes as he backed out of the cockpit. Once he was out of sight, Bex looked down to Mando. "You're just going to let him wander around?"