chapter II

I looked at the time, it was well past the time for my mother's dinner, I'm sure she will hate me more than she already does.

She had accused me of adding fat to her once very flat stomach.

I had rolled my eye meaning to ask her why she had gotten pregnant. But sure enough the answer came.
If she didn't have at least one child, she won't be able to get some contract she longed for.

What a greedy woman.

I heard footsteps coming towards the door, I closed my eyes tightly.
The door was flung open.

I squeeze my eyes the more.
I knew they wanted money.

That had to be the sole reason I was kidnapped.

I wasn't expecting a very cold water to be poured on me.

I shrieked, getting up as quickly as possible, running blindly into someone and falling down.
Rubbing my eyes, I asked.
" do you have to pour me water, you would have just tapped me".
Well that earned me another bucket of water.
" tie her, when you done tie her finish, make sure you collect im papa number, no waste time, we get other works to do"..( tie her, when your done tie-in her, make sure you collect her father's number, don't waste anytime, we have other works to do).. A big gruffy one said before walking out.

I was tied immediately, both legs and hands.

I was dragged to a corner in the room.

I stared at the kidnappers.

"well tell us your fathers number ". A very scary looking one said

He had a nasty looking scar that ran from his left eye to his chin.

"I don't know it ".

He chuckled lowly, a very dangerous one.

" e be like say you one carry me play o". ( it looks like your joking around with me). He got closer to me, " I said make up tell me your papa number, you say you no know am, Huh, abi them never beat you turn turn before". ( I said you should tell me your fathers number, you said you don't know it, it's like you've never been beaten up badly).

I swallowed hard. I knew they had the upper hand here, so I did the most reasonable thing, tell them Musa number.

" 0705656000", I breathed out.

I hoped Musa was close to either of my parents, so he could pass it to them.

I held my breath as the phone rang twice, then I heard , hello?
He pushed it to my mouth.

um hello, I, I've been kidnap.

Edican, Jesus Christ, oga go kill me, (Edican, Jesus Christ, your father will kill me).

Is my father there?

No no oga no dey here, but why you commot from school when I tell you say I day come pick you, you mama day vex say you no come down for her dinner. (no no, your father isn't here, but why did you go out of school after I told you I was coming to get you, your mother is pissed off, because you didn't come down for her dinner.

I was about to reply him when I was slapped hard. The sting from the slap make me yell into the phone.

I could hear Musa shouting and asking what happened.

" idiot put her father on the line".

"OK OK, abeg no touch her". ( OK OK, please don't touch her) I heard him say before hearing footsteps then rattling.
"hello" my father's voice came out of the phone.
"I knew you will run away one day, stupid wench". I heard my mother say in the background, I rolled my eyes, of course she didn't care, she only cared about herself.