Time to... sleep???? (Inspired by a short story from 'xmaeedits')

It was a rainy night in the city. It started early in the evening and didn't look like it was going to end for a long while. The sound of the raindrops hitting the windows was soothing, enough to help anyone relax.

In the Aihara household, their wasn't much to do on nights like this. So the ladies decided to take advantage of the rain and went to bed early. Yuzu was already asleep as Mei was sitting up in bed beside her, looking at some papers for school.

Most of her paperwork was already done for the evening. It was merely adjusting her work schedule for the week that needed her attention. But the subtle noise from outside was already making her sleepy.

"...zzzzz..."

She glanced over at Yuzu as she gave a light snore. She couldn't help but notice how cute Yuzu looked as she slept, so peaceful and without a care in the world. And it made her realized that sleep was a good idea right now.

She placed the papers aside, checked her alarm, turned her overhead light off, and curled up in her blanket, closing her eyes to get a fresh start in the morning. She listened as the rain continued to pour outside, waiting to fall asleep.

"....mmmmmmmpuppies are really cuteeeeemmmm..."

Mei was startled by what sounded like Yuzu mumbling. She turned over to see her sleeping, a light moan coming from her as she moved around the bed.

'She's just talking in her sleep' thought Mei as she turned back around to get some sleep. She had a small yawn as she closed her eyes.

"...mmmm dinosaur eggs are good with sugarrrrrmmmm..."

'What?' thought Mei as she turned back around to look at Yuzu, still asleep like before.

'Strange dreams I guess' she thought at she turned back around to go to sleep.

Minutes went by as she listened to the peaceful sounds of the rain outside. She could feel herself slowly dozing off little by little.

"...mmmmthat's where I hide my airplaneeeemmmm..."

Mei's eyes opened wide with frustration as she heard Yuzu still talking in her sleep. She turned her head to listen to her softly snoring again.

'I'm not going to get to sleep at this rate' she thought as she dropped her head on her pillow. She closed her eyes again, trying to listen to the rain again, hoping she would fall asleep soon.

"....."

"....zzz..."

"...mmmchickens walk funnyyyymmm..."

"......"

"...zzz... mmmmilk taste like happyyyyymmmm...."

Mei opened her eyes again, frowning more to think that this could go on all night. Yuzu never dreamt like this before, at least not that she was aware of. Whatever is she dreaming of to make her talk such nonsense?

"...mmmm..."

Mei was ready to go to sleep, but she found herself irritatingly waiting for Yuzu's next words. She leaned over and pushed Yuzu over to face away from her, hoping that it'll stir her out of her weird dream.

"Ckofff!..." said Yuzu as she rolled over, then fell silent with just her breathing and she continued to sleep.

Mei just waited for a moment, not moving as to not ruin the stillness in the room. Yuzu was sleeping soundly now, not a peep from her. Mei was now thinking that the dream was finally over.

She let out a sigh, relieved that now she can go to sleep. She turned around and closed her eyes, the sounds of the rain outside still there to help her doze off, feeling relaxed and at peace.

"......"

".....mmm..."

Mei opened one eye and turned it in Yuzu's direction, not wanting to turn her head. She frowned in her pillow, clutching it with her hand, the anticipation of what was to come next.

"....."

"....mmm..."

"...mmmMeieeemmm..."

'Hmmm? Is she dreaming about me now?' thought Mei.

"....mmm... mmmMei... I think you've gained some weightmmm..."

Mei grabbed her pillow... **WHAP!!**

"BWAAA!" yelled Yuzu, who was awoken by something hitting her while she slept.

"What the... ?!?! What was that?! What happened?" said Yuzu in confusion.

She turned to see Mei tucking in her pillow under her head and pounded her head down.

"Mei?" asked Yuzu in a daze.

"You were dreaming. Gotosleep" she answered in a huff.

Yuzu just looked around in confusion, thinking that something wasn't right.

"Mei?" she asked. "Did you have a bad dream?"

Mei clutched her pillow again...

**WHAP!!**

The End.
(Yuzu never saw it coming)

- - - - - - - - - -

Hey Guys!!
So here's another one shot of our brave heroines in their kookiest adventure yet... sleeping (or trying to anyways... haha).

First, I want to give a shoutout to the person who gave me the idea of this story in the first place...xmaeedits is their name. You can find a link to their short stories below.
https://my.w.tt/RDQNSVdL11

For a long while, I wanted to write a funny story around Mei and something she was going through. But I was having trouble thinking of a funny idea for her to deal with.

Then as I was browsing around other fan fictions of Citrus (a lot of good ones out there), I came across xmaeedits's one shot. It's a real short story that you can read in like 5 seconds... no really, 5 seconds.... but it made me laugh.

But it got me thinking that this could be a perfect idea for a funny story about Mei. So I contacted xmaeedits and they gave me permission to use their 5 second story to tell my own. And I think it came out really funny.

I think it's really cool that there are other fans out there who want to tell their own fan stories. And I encourage everyone to keep reading.

BUT... if anyone else's story gives you and idea, have the courtesy to ask them if you can borrow it. Hopefully they won't say no. But if they do say yes, then give them the story credit they deserve. They've earned it.

So I hope you all liked this story.  Please vote and leave me a comment if you like, k?? And I hope to have another one shot sometime soon.

See you soon, k??

🎉 You've finished reading Citrus One Shot ~ Time to... Sleep??? (Inspired from a story by "xmaeedits") 🎉