19 : Blackmail Buddies

Start from the beginning

I'm not surprised that she and I match so well, and even if it's our first time dancing together, there are only a few trips and toe-stepping and that scares me, I don't know why. Her body fits right with mine when her back is to my front. Strangely, it doesn't feel foreign at all.

When the song finally came to an end, I twirled Emery to me and lifted her up, dipping her down before pulling her back up as the did in the video but with a few modification because I'm no dance professional so that our faces our close, so close that our noses are touching and our breaths are mingling.

I didn't look away from her eyes as she looked into my own, still breathless from our little fun workout sessions. I slowly put her back down on her feet but I didn't let her go, my hold on her waist tight and her body pulled flush against mine. We didn't speak, didn't say anything and didn't look away and it was nice in a weird way. It was when her phone buzzed loudly because of the speaker that we were broken out of our trance and she jumped and separated herself from me and went to check her phone. 

Inwardly, I cursed myself for wanting to hold on and not let go before I followed her and stood behind her, way too close to be considered normal but hey, I didn't know what I had to drink last night, okay? Not my fault if I was acting insane.

"What is it?" I ask, shaking away my internal thoughts and asked her, peering into her phone over her shoulders.

She shrugged. "Seems like Mrs. Densie really is pregnant. Miss. Bradley will be our new Track-and-Field coach. She'll be announcing the new captain by the end of the week after accessing our performances."

I grinned. "Can't wait to be announced the captain."

Emery turned to me and scowled. "In your dreams."

I raised a brow at her, leaning onto the back of the chair , still close to her. "Isn't Miss. Bradley the new and younger coach? What is she? Twenty four? Twenty Five? I'll just have to flirt my way in."

She crossed her arms on her chest and looked at me as if I was the small one between us. "Twenty seven and if she chooses you, I'll file an official complain for Princi Bomer to be the fair judge."

I snorted. "Bomer obviously has a thing for you. Of course he'll choose you." I said remembering that one time back when I was a sophomore and she a freshman when she had punched me and broken my nose and our lovely Principle had just given her a three hour Saturday detention. That's it!

She grinned cheekily. "Well, good for me, don't ya think."

I scoffed but didn't comment on it. "I didn't know you could dance. Any performances in strip club pending?"

Emery scowled and hit my head. "I would have been scared if you knew about my secret hobbies, Stalker Satan. And I don't go to strip clubs!" She shouted the last line making me wince.

"Sure." I drawled, yawning.

She placed her hand on her waist and glared at me. "I'm serious, Stefan. I was just practicing for the Christmas Talent Show."

I raised a brow at that. "Really? But that's almost two months away."

She shrugged. "Practice makes perfect. What's the harm in pre-preparing."

Our school held an annual Christmas fest that went on for a week just a week before Christmas and then holidays and we loved it. It basically meant no studies for the whole December as well as the first week of January because everyone was busy 'practicing.' The fest was called Christmas Winternalia and it held several events like Talent Hunt, Charity Fest, Game Weekend, Christmas Carnival and everything fun. Even after we returned to school, we had a Ice To See You Again Dance in January to celebrate the back to school thing, not that it was a thing to celebrate but our school made it fun.