Toxic - Dealor p.2

New York, 1982

John's POV

"Baby wake up, you need to go to kindergarten ..." I said and sat on Arthur's bed.
"Five more minutes papa ..."
"No young gentelman, get up right now or we're both gonna be late and my boss won't like that" I said and took the covers off him.
"But I don't wanna!" He didn't have english accent at all but when he frowned he looked so much like Roger. Sometimes I couldn't look at him because it hurted so much. Our relationship was kind of disaster but the feelings were real and strong.
"No more talking, eggs and toast are waiting in the kitchen"
I chuckled when he smiled and rushed to the there. I caresed his light brown curls and kissed his forehead. He was the apple off my eye, I was overworking myself everyday just to provide him food and good life.

I made myself a coffee and I poured him orange juice.
"You had a breakfast papa?" he asked and it warmed my heart. He was so caring at just age of four. But we had just each other and sometimes Julie- my sister was helping me. Her boyfriend was angry that she's spending so much timr herr and he treated us like garbage. That's why I hardly ever asked her for help now, but my babysitter was sick and Arthur can't be home alone.

"Yes, when you were sleeping" I faked a smile. I hate lying to him, but I don't want him to know that the only meal I'm eating it's just that one at work because it's free. I just couldn't afford more. I'm not important, I can be hungry but I want my son to have a good childhood even if we are poor. The rent and bills were quite expensive and I had some debts. I was working in restaurant as a waiter ten- fourteen hours per day. I was exhausted but I'll do anything for my little boy. I did some things I'm not proud of but at least we had some money.

We took subway to Arthur's school and I escorted him to the door, I crouched and kissed his forehead.
"Papa love you so so much, be a good boy okay? Auntie Julie will pick you up and when I'm gonna get home you'll be probably sleeping " I smiled when he hugged me tightly.
"Love you more papa, have a nice day"
"You too ..." I whispered to myself watching him enter the school.
I took the subway to work. I sighed seeing posters about Queen concert everywhere. It was this Friday. But guess what? I couldn't afford it. The tickets weren't expensive but I would need a day off which means no money. I missed Roger and I wanted to see him so bad. I just had some newspaper clippings about him and that was all. I also missed Brian and Fred, they were like brothers to me. I missed playing in the band with them too but I can see the new bassist fitted in. I had few of their cd's, I bought it for my birthday.

I rushed to work.
"Hi everyone!" I yelled.
"Hiya John!" Veronica answered me with dreamed eyes.
I couldn't release from her, she was all over me everyday. She was sweet, smart and beautiful but just not my type. She was too clingy for me and I wasn't looking for a relationship anyway. Just a quick shag and not getting involved. My child was my priority and I didn't want him to get used to someone who will leave like Roger did.
I sighed and put my apron on. I ruffled my hair a little and smiled sadly in the mirror. Gotta make his money, like they say in here ...

It was just a regular Tuesday, not many customers. It was quite boring to be honest. I was behind bar doing crosswords and humming under my nose.
"And that was 'Save me' by Queen. Ladies and gentelman we have a suprise for you! We have whole band here now in the studio ..." I stopped everything I was doing and turned up the volume. I couldn't believe it.
"- A few moments earlier we could heard 'Save me' written by Roger, can you tell us more about this song?
- Yea ..."
I smiled when I heard his hoarse sexy voice.
"- After all this suicide attempts, rehabs I still feel lost in this world to be honest. I writed it for love of my life. I was young and stupid and I made him left. Maybe people will say that I'm pitiful but I don't care. I need him back because I can't face this life alone. So John if you out there just please come back home, I'm so sorry ...
- Well  ugh ... okay, changing the subject ..."
I was standing like a pillar of salt. I couldn't believe what I just heard. I need to go to this concert on Friday. I begged my boss to have a day off and I even managed to get a new nanny for Arthur.