Part 17

I wipe a bead of sweat from my forehead as I continue staring at Mum as she takes a few papers out of the envelope.

Maybe I'm just over reacting and it's nothing so serious although I'm preparing myself for the worst and hoping for the best.

We all stand dead still and watch as Mum silently reads the contents of the papers.

Urgghh five more minutes and I'm gonna pull my hair out!

A silent tear trickles down mums face as daddy hugs her.

MUMMY: It can't be true!! It can never be!

ME: Mummy? Daddy?? whats going on???

DADDY: Sit down all of you.

We all quickly obey...Daddy takes a deep breath before speaking.

ME: What happened daddy??

DADDY: It's Muhamed Zaydaan...... (he puts his head into his hands unable to continue)

Asma speaks but her eyes are a full of tears.

ASMA:w-whhat happendd??? Isnt he passed away?? (She looks down)

ZAY: Who's he? I don't remember any Zaydaan.

DADDY: His your big brother zay.....I dont think you remember him.

AMZ: Ay how i misss him.

ME: Me too (I swallow the lump in my throat.)

Mummy starts crying and goes out of the lounge.

Memories of my big brother come flooding back into my mind as I try my best not to let my tears fall yet again.

Muhammed Zaydaan.....Our loving kind-hearted amazing BIG BROTHER!! My best friend and the one I could always count on...                                                                                                          It was always his dream to go to Syria and fight in Jihaad.....he used to plead with mummy and daddy "I want to give my life in the path of ALLAH" he used to say"It's my dream!!!'

But despite his pleas Mummy and Daddy refused to let him go....Untill one heart shattering day which is still so fresh in my memory although it being many years....... Zaydaan was no longer here he had left us....He had left to the place where he always dreamed to go........

He left to fight in the path of Allah. He had left us without uttering a single word about going anywhere...

Mummy, Daddy and practically the whole family was devastated. How could we live without our Zaydaan?? The only person I trusted to go to whenever I was feeling down.

He left me.......he left us all!!!

Mummy and Daddy tried everything they could to get their son back by calling the embassy and sending people to look for Zaydaan but nothing worked despite their efforts. Zaydaan was nowhere to be found.

Then one day I still remember it like it happened yesterday.We got a letter from one of the investigators that we sent out.......

our zaydaan had become shaheed.......he passed away while in the path of ALLAH.

INALILLAHI WA INAILAYHI RAJIOON!!!!

Ohh the heartache we felt that day our Zaydaan was gone..Gone forever. Theres no hope of finding him again. his gone...His gone...No matter how many times I repeat it it still breaks my heart............ We'll never be able to see him smile or laugh again..His gone.......gone forever.

But nevertheless we never gave up. My only consolation was that he is happy in Jannah and that we have hope of meeting him again InshaAllah.

Although the news that Zaydaan had become shaheed was 2 years ago daddy still sent people to look for him (his body.)

ME: So Daddy what was in the letter then??