home is home when family is around

Start from the beginning

Wendy missed the feeling of a mother by her side. Sure, Mrs. Malfoy was an incredible woman, but she always felt like the woman had so many other people to take care about and she didn't want to be another burden. But Mrs. Weasley, no matter how many children she had, by blood or by bond, she still had that little bit of love left for others.

The love of a mother was what she has been missing. Thirteen years old or twenty-nine, one always needs their mother.

Fred and George, after finishing their sandwiches, they headed into the living room hoping to find Wendy. Which they did, but unfortunately, she was in poor conditions. Crying into their mother's shoulder, they started getting worried something has happened to her. But the look from Molly advised them not to come closer. Knowing Molly knew best, they headed upstairs and in their room.

Fred sat on the chair near the messy desk and George layed down on his own bed, covering his eyes from exhaution.

"D'you reckon she's okay?" Fred asked looking at the floor.

"No idea, Freddie," George huffed, "no idea."

Fred looked over at their desk, unfinished projects and plans they had were all there. He wanted to do something special for Wendy, something that would have made her happy, make her forget about all she has gone through for a while. But what could he do?

George peeked from under his forearm to take a look at his twin. He was looking over their plans and wondered what he was planning on doing. The two were inseparable, they knew everything about each other, but lately George felt like there was something he couldn't understand about Fred, and he had a feeling it was something about Wendy.

"Come on everyone!" Molly said, "Don't you, children, worry about what happened, study well and let the Ministry handle it."

Everyone was in line following Mrs. Weasley to the platform 9 and 3/4, each one with their own trolly. Wendy had a little bag with her, carrying only what she brough with herself to the World Cup. She left all her belongings at the Malfoy's, expecting to be coming back, but after several letters between Mr. Weasley and Lucius Malfoy, they both decided it was to the girl's best interest to stay at the Burrow for the few remaining days of summer.

She borrowed clothes from Ginny, who kindly offered; fortunately, they weren't so different in size. The Malfoy's promised to bring all her things at the train, so she could find them at Hogwarts upon her arrival.

"Oh!" Molly jumped.

A little boy bumped into her, no older than eight years old and appeared to be all alone.

"Are you alright?" Molly bent down, "are you lost?"

The boy was stuttering, not sure if he should answer the woman. But he seemed to shake himself from his thoughts, "Sorry, I'm looking for someone. Please, excuse me."

Wendy, still thinking about her belongings, didn't notice the little chat between Molly and the boy, until he screamed her name. Wendy looked towards him and her heart skipped a beat, "Michael?"

"Wendy!" He screamed looking for his sister.

Wendy was about to run towards the boy but Fred and George stopped her, "Let us handle this."

The little curls of the boy bounced at every step and stopped when the twins talked to him. Wendy couldn't take off her eyes from her brother. He was so young and small, she forgot how innocent he looked. It has been more than a year since the last time she saw him and, at that time, he looked like a grown man ready to meet the parents of his six-years-long girlfriend.