Chapter 1

"Yokohama doesn't seemed to have changed much last time I was here."

By the shore of a river near a bridge, there was a girl, wearing a white dress shirt and a black skirt with suspenders. Her belt dangled out as if it were a tail. Nakajima Atsushi was sitting on the riverbank, thinking.

"I should find a job if I'm going to stay here..."

Nakajima Atsushi was a wanderer. Ever since a couple years ago, she wandered around countries and helping out those I need. She guided people and gave those suffering the help they need but don't ask for.

Like that guy who was drowning in the river right now.

'Wait, what?' Atsushi looked closely at the man who was partially submerged in water, and getting pecked by birds. 'Is he alright?!'

Immediately, Atsushi jumped into the river and dragged the man out. As she stared at the man's face, she was contemplating CPR when the man's eyes opened. Atsushi startled a bit.

"A-ah, you're awake. Are you ok?" Atsushi asked, a bit nervous.

Sitting up suddenly, the soaked man looked blankly in front of him, seemingly not hearing Atsushi. "I was saved...?"

Before clicking his tongue with an irritated look on his face at the fact he survived. Atsushi startled, unsure of what to think. Then the man looked at straight at Atsushi, who was still confused and filled with anxiety.

"Are you the one who stopped my submersion?"

"Y-yes...? Wait, submersion...You were trying to kill yourself?!" Atsushi didn't know what to think; this man was trying to kill himself?

(He reminded Atsushi of someone she knew very well. Atsushi had a feeling of why.)

"Yup, but you just had to rescue me..."

"O-okay...?" Why was Atsushi being scolded for saving him? Was he that desperate for death?

The man began to stand up. "Well anyways, committing suicide cleanly without causing others trouble is my motto, but it looks like I caused you trouble. Since I am to blame too, how should I apologize—"

A loud growl came from Atsushi's stomach, causing her face to erupt red from embarrassment. The red got brighter when the man looked at Atsushi and smirked.

"...Are you hungry, young lady?" The man asked.

Atsushi nodded embarrassingly. "Y-yes...I haven't eaten since yesterday...b-but I can—" She was interrupted by the growling of the man's own stomach. He had a blank face.

"I haven't eaten for a while either. Coincidentally, my wallet seems to have flowed away with the river."

Atsushi sighed, the red finally receding. She had a nervous smile. "If you would like, I can—"

Again Atsushi was interrupted, this time by another man's yelling. "There you are, Dazai!!! What the hell do you think you're doing?!?"

A blonde haired man wearing glasses was on the other side of the river, looking furious and frustrated. His animosity for the man called Dazai was clear. The man who tried to kill himself, now known as Dazai, waved happily back to the infuriated man.

"Kunikida-kun, thanks for all of your hard work~"

The man called Kunikida did not seem amused, only more irritated. "If it weren't for you I wouldn't have to work so hard in the first place!! Who the hell goes 'What a nice river,' and proceeds to fall in it in the middle of work?!?! Thanks to you, all my plans are ruined—!!"