Chapter 7

"Dazai's missing?" Kunikida was not impressed.

"He isn't answering my calls, and from what I've heard he hasn't come back to his apartment either. Do you have any idea where he could be?" Atsushi was genuinely worried.

(From the various answers she received though, she easily realized that Dazai disappearing is a normal occurrence. Even so, Atsushi was anxious.)

"I hope he's okay, considering our encounter with Port Mafia a few days ago..."

"Don't think too much about that idiot," Kunikida said, "He's definitely still alive somewhere; a man who can't even kill himself despite trying so often won't be killed off so easily, even by Port Mafia. Especially considering it's Dazai."

"Still..."

"I can look into Dazai's disappearance if you want, Atsushi-san," at the familiar voice, Atsushi turned to see Tanizaki.

"Tanizaki-san! You're alright!" 

Tanizaki smiled, "Thanks to Yosano-sensei's treatment, I'm all better now. Oh, and both Naomi and I thank you for the basket."

Atsushi waved it off with a smile. "I'm just glad you guys are alright after what happened before with Akutagawa."

Tanizaki was about to reply when Kunikida spoke up.

"How many times, Tanizaki?" Tanizaki froze, before he gained a solemn look on his face.

"...Four."

Atsushi looked in confusion while the rest of the Agency understood exactly what Tanizaki meant.

"...Atsushi-san," Tanizaki suddenly said.

"Y-yes...?" She was very nervous at Tanizaki's pained expression.

"Be careful when getting hurt...Even if you can heal from injuries really quickly."

That was not a good color on his face. "G-got it."

Kunikida didn't feel any ounce of pity for the poor boy. "You reap what you sow. Even when you realized it was Mafia, you stayed instead of running."

Ranpo agreed. "Yep. As a detective, the ability to sense danger is important. For example..." he took out his pocket watch. "in about ten seconds..."

Atsushi was about to ask what Ranpo meant, when she heard footsteps coming closer. Turning, she spotted Yosano coming.

"Ah, hello Yosano-sensei," Atsushi greeted with a smile.

Yosano yawned. "Hey, Atsushi-chan. Thanks again for letting me have stuff from the basket. There was quite a lot, actually."

"It's fine. I'm glad you were able to find things you liked."

"Yeah. Do you have any injuries?" Yosano suddenly asked.

Atsushi shook her head. "No, I don't believe so."

Yosano clicked her tongue. Atsushi sweatdropped.

"Anyways, I was looking for someone to help me with shopping, and it seems that you're the only one here."

Atsushi, confused, turned back. No one else was in the room anymore. She deadpanned.

Looking at Yosano's unnegotiable expression, Atsushi sighed.

================

Atsushi was fine with carrying and balancing everything but it was the fact that all the bags and packages she carried for Yosano hindered her sight was what made things difficult.