3

After her classes, Hermione's mind was once again wandering. How much did I put in that journal again? Oh Merlin... Hermione glanced up and realized she was somewhere in the forbidden forest. Great. Hermione turned around and tried to find her way out of the semi-treacherous forest, when she saw a black cloud of smoke billow down a few feet in front of her. Something tells me that's-

"Hello again, love," Yep, its Bellatrix. "Hello, Bellatrix Lestrange," Hermione responded politely, forcing herself to keep her hands at her sides. "I've been reading through the book I was telling you about, and really. You are a fantasizer, Granger." Bellatrix casually pulled Hermione's diary out of the pocket in her dress and started flipping though it.

"Give that back," Hermione said quietly, her hand now on her wand. "Hmm?" Bellatrix said with a smirk. "Give me back my diary." Hermione repeated again, more forcefully this time. "And what, prey-tell, would I get in return?" Hermione growled, her hands clenched to fists. "Give it back!" she lept at Bellatrix, reaching for her diary. "Now now, stop that, pet," Bellatrix said as she easily held the diary out of reach of Hermione. She stood almost half a foot over Hermione, and the heels Bellatrix wore really didn't help Hermione's side of the height difference.

"Don't call me 'pet'." Hermione snarled, jumping up again, and yet still missing the book that Bellatrix held out of reach. Bellatrix was cackling at this point. "Granger, just stop. You're not getting the bo-" Bellatrix was cut short by Hermione grabbing the neckline of Bellatrix's black dress and pulling her down to a more suitable height for Hermione. Pausing for a split second, Hermione looked at Bellatrix's deep brown eyes, contemplating what she was about to do.

Before Hermione could back out, she pressed her lips to Bellatrix's, which took Bellatrix, somehow, by surprise. Hermione used this chance to grab her diary, and force herself to peel away from Bellatrix. Still evidently surprised, Bellatrix disappeared in the trail of black smoke, and left a breathless Hermione behind. Even if the kiss lasted only a second or two, Hermione could feel the warmth from Bellatrix's lips still lingering. Shaking these thoughts away, though, Hermione went back to finding her way back to Hogwarts for some much needed sleep that, based on recent events, wouldn't be arriving for the second night in a row.