"Fiona...are you okay?" She finally asked after observing her keenly. Fiona shook off the feeling of dread that had been brought on from the dream.

"Yeah, sorry, just a weird dream..." She replied. Heidi could not help but look at the girl sympathetically. Heidi and Fiona had been roommates for years, and for years Heidi had been a witness to Fiona's frequent nightmares.

"Okay, well lets hurry, you'll feel better after breakfast," Heidi walked over to Fiona's side and took her by the hand, leading her towards the bathroom.

***

"Bloody hell mate, use a silencing charm like the rest of us! You've got curtains around your bed for a reason." Malcolm angrily muttered across the breakfast table.

"Am I interrupting something?" Fiona asked as she felt for a gap in the bench large enough to sit. She took the empty space next to Alfie.

"No. Nothing!" Alfie quickly responded. Cedric chuckled to himself until he noticed the cold glare coming from Alfie.

"Where's Heidi?" He asked, affectively changing the subject. Fiona pointed to the large doors of the Great Hall. The three peered over the heads of other students to see Heidi talking excitedly to a bushy haired Gryffindor girl a few years below them.

"What's that about?" Cedric asked. They watched as a broad smile appeared on the younger student's face.

"I don't know, she got held up talking to some girl," Fiona shrugged.

"We gathered that much, ya twat," Alfie muttered.

The girl eagerly handed Heidi something before Heidi made her way towards her friends at the Hufflepuff table. She secured a badge on the chest of her robes as she sat down.

Alfie leaned across the table when Heidi took the seat next to Malcolm.

"What's a spew?" He asked, reading the badge she had pinned to her robes.

"Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare, we're called S.P.E.W" Heidi happily announced. Malcolm and Alfie disguised their chortling as fits of coughing, as not to upset Heidi. Their charade however, failed, and Heidi and Alfie began bickering across the table.

"What do you guys think Moody has planned for the lesson today?" Malcolm asked Cedric and Fiona, ignoring the squabbling from the other two.

"Who knows, he'll never be able to top that first lesson though," Cedric responded.

On the first day of class, Professor Moody had not only taught the class about the three unforgivable curses. He showed them.

A performance that largely went over Fiona's head as she was not able to bear witness as Moody forced a spider to dance around on the desks while preforming the Imperius Curse on the creature. She was also left to her imagination as the classroom became eerily silent as the spider twitched in silent pain under the Cruciatus Curse. The only thing Fiona was able to take from the lecture was the final and anticlimactic thud, as the spider collapsed onto the table, void of all life after being hit with the Killing Curse.

"It seems...cruel...to preform those curses in a classroom," Heidi whispered, finally breaking away from her argument with Alfie. Fiona nodded at that remark.

Heidi had decided not to take Defense Against the Dark Arts, and after seeing Fiona stumble into the Great Hall after her first DADA class, pale and distraught, Heidi felt relived by her decision.

"Cruel? Maybe a bit unorthodox," Cedric said in defense of Moody. "But it's better we see what these curses look like in a controlled environment before we have to see them in the real world." Alfie and Malcolm nodded, but Fiona stayed noticeably silent.