37.

Fiona had never been fond of traveling by means of the Knight Bus

After going blind she would make regular trips to London to see the healers at St. Mungos with her family. Since side along apparition is discouraged for children under the age of 12, they frequently traveled by bus.

Fiona detested that mode of transportation. She hated the seats that rolled throughout the carriage as the bus haphazardly traversed the muggle roads. She would sit in a tightly balled form as luggage flew from one side of the bus to the other, terrified she would become a target for any loose possessions. She often felt as if she was trapped in a bludger as it barreled around the pitch.

Being with Fred was like being on a never ending ride on the Knight Bus.

He was the embodiment of frantic energy. Bouncing from one horrible idea to the next until stumbling upon something brilliant. Fiona had to wonder if he'd ever had an idle mind in all his life.

Fiona had always resided tucked away in her comfort zone. There was security in regularity. Fred seemed determined to drag her outside of that comfort zone, often kicking and screaming.

And yet, despite the proverbial motion sickness that was being with Fred, Fiona had little desire to depart this chaotic ride. His ideas challenged and frightened her, and yet, they also freed her from the prison of thick brambles and deadly thorns which she planted for herself.

Walking beside Fred with his arm gently wrapped around her waist she felt uneasy. Her steps were stiff, rigid even. Fred watched her as they walked through the Hogwarts grounds, he couldn't help be take notice of her unnatural gait. It was if she were an alien creature disguised as a human, completely unfamiliar with the movements of her body.

Fiona's jaw was stiff and her feet dragged against the grass. She needed an escape, anything — a cataclysmic catastrophe. Anything to get her out of what she had agreed to.

She couldn't simply admit to Fred that she had changed her mind. He'd never accept that. The only thing admitting her fear to him would do was show weakness, while still yielding the same result.

"Nervous?" Fred asked with a smirk splattering across his face.

"N-no, not at all," Fiona said, but the quiver in her words gave her away.

"Don't worry princess, it'll be fun," he said as he squeezed her closer while guiding her to a halt.

"Until I fall to my death," Fiona grumbled, though she knew she had only herself to blame. Well, herself and the lot of lions Fred considered his friends.

"Well," Fred began, Fiona could feel him shrugging against her body. "We gotta live until the day we die," he spoke so casually.

"What do you think I've been doing for the last 17 years?" Fiona quickly spluttered. Fiona felt as he body shook while he laughed.