50.

There was no place that held more despair and darkness than within the walls of 12 Grimmauld place

There was no place that held more despair and darkness than within the walls of 12 Grimmauld place. And yet, it was within those very walls where Fiona finally found the only person who could drive the hopelessness and heartache away.

Since that fateful night, not a day went by where Fiona did not pray to have just five more minutes with her brother. The thought of hearing his voice had comforted her in the darkest moments. But it was only ever a flicker of hope, lost the instant she remembered her reality. The knowledge that she would never hear the song of his carefree laughter again haunted her sleepless nights. Somehow, despite the confines of reality...he was with her again. And not as an apparition or a dream. Cedric was holding her in his arms.

She clung to him with desperation; fearing he would vanish like morning fog if she let go. Tears spilled from her eyes and soaked through the wool of his jumper as she shook in his arms. She knew his warm embrace, as well as she knew her own voice.

"Ced," she cried. "Is it really you?"

His body rumbled against her as he chuckled. His laughter reminded her of the soft and assuring melody of the wind chimes that hung above her bed.

"It's really me," he said in the sweet and sincere voice Fiona had known her whole life.

Fiona lifted her head from his chest to clear the tears from her cheeks, and a small laugh escaped through the sobs. The sound of her own laughter was almost as unbelievable to her as Cedric, it was something she never thought she'd do again.

"But how?"

"I...I don't know," Cedric stammered. "Dumbledore...he must have done something!" Cedric declared as he squeezed her tightly, his thumb gently rubbed her upper arm.

She didn't care how it was possible, she didn't even care if it was possible. All she cared about was that Cedric was back.

"Where have you been? Mum and dad, they missed...I..." Her words fell apart as she spoke, and it took a minute before the rush of emotions subsided enough before she could speak again. "I missed you."

Cedric tightly wrapped his arms around his sister. He gently rubbed her back and calmed her heaving breaths.

"It's okay, Fee, I'm here now," he said.

"Why didn't any of them tell me you were here?" Fiona abruptly barked. Suddenly she hated every person who resided in the decrepit home for hiding him away in such a gloomy place.

"I...I don't think any of them know," Cedric said slowly. "I haven't really seen anyone since Dumbledore brought me here..."

"Well, why didn't Dumbledore tell me!" Fiona snarled, her anger quick to redirect to the usual target, despite the gratitude she had felt for the headmaster only moments ago when she realized he had saved her brother.