32.

There wasn't much Fred Weasley was certain of

There wasn't much Fred Weasley was certain of. For instance, he hadn't the slightest clue what Golpalott's Third Law was. And he certainly didn't know why that one dotty Ravenclaw girl was always wearing a necklace made out of butterbeer corks. For the most part, uncertainty had led Fred on some of his greatest adventures. But he never could have imagined that inviting one sad-looking Hufflepuff out to drink one Halloween night would have led him to where he was at that particular moment.

Rain was falling from the night sky, tapping insistently on the glass windows; but even the worst storm would have gone unnoticed from inside the humid greenhouse. 

The greenhouse filled with a tidal wave of laughter. It was the kind of laughter that created a small vacation, a blessed relief from all the distress that shoved its way into their lives. For a single moment, nothing mattered.

Hidden away in a secluded botanical domain of their own. Fiona giggled into Fred's chest. Their fingers entwined. Lush vines surrounded them as they laid atop a pile of conjured pillows and a thick winter comforter.

Even in the darkness, the beauty of the greenhouse was undeniable, exotic plants danced and shimmered in the faint moonlight that pried through the storm curtains. Fred's attention, however, was not focused on the beauty of the greenhouse. Instead, Fred was focused on nothing other than the girl tangled up in his arms. Her knotted hair, tousled, stuck to the sweat on his bare chest.

"Okay, do you see a flower, it'd be big, like the size of a dog," Fiona whispered into Fred's ear once her giggles had subsided.  He played with her hair with his free hand. Her lips curled into a smile, Fred mirrored her expression subconsciously.

"The petals are probably red, or blue maybe, but the leaves are shiny, like ivy," Fiona rested her head gently on Fred's bare chest. She could hear his heart thudding lightly. Fred had never been interested in herbology before; but her voice was like velvet, and at that moment, the words coming from her lips were possibly the most interesting thing he'd ever heard.

Fred's eyes narrowed as he scanned the greenhouse for the plant Fiona described. He spotted the large plant in the dim corner of the greenhouse. The climbing vines held the plant suspended on the wall. The vines reached from the ground to the ceiling and wrapped around half the greenhouse. 

With their hands still entwined Fred reached one of their arms out in the direction of the red-flowered plant. He pointed to it with her hand in his. 

"It's right there, princess," His husky voice cooed, his lips brushed her ear as he spoke, sending a shiver down Fiona's spine. She nuzzled her head into his chest. It felt warm and safe. Security she so often walked through life without.

"Do you see the teeth, in the petals?" Fiona asked, her voice hitched as she attempted to reserve her excitement. 

Fred focused his eyes on the petals, which were each easily the size of his arm. It took his eyes a moment to see the details in the darkness, but she was right. The inside of each petal seemed to be lined with sharp, fang-like teeth. 

Fred let go of her arm to free his own arm so that he could wrap it around her exposed body. He held her naked body tightly against his own.  "I see them" He smiled, with his lips lightly grazing her earlobe. She could feel his smile grow as she quivered in his arms.

"It's a Fanged Geranium," She said softly, words slipping away from her as she began to succumb to his temptations. Fred nuzzled his head into her hair, kissing the top of her head gently. 

"Is it?" He playfully asked.

"The flower head is used to make a strength potion," she said absent-mindedly. Her free hand reached up to play with his ginger locks. The corners of Fred's soft lips curled to reveal a crooked grin. He listened to her describe other plants that surrounded them; and all their uses in common potions. He was savoring the moment and the sound of her voice. 

It was becoming painfully apparent to Fred how much he was enjoying these nights with Fiona. As much as he wanted to, he could not deny how badly he wanted these moments to last. He knew that once the morning came they would go their separate ways until their next meeting. Fred longed to hold her outside of their secret rendezvous. Every morning their paradise ended, and they were thrown back into reality. Fred didn't want these moments to end, ever. This was the reality he wanted. As much as he had resisted, he didn't just want to have this for the night.

Fiona was much more than just a friend to Fred. She had captivated him as no one had before. She had bewitched him. It was a spell that was cast with her determination to swim in a world dedicated to drowning her. The way she overcame every unreasonable obstacle with unique and questionable ingenuity. Even her quick-tempered ruthlessness had left him utterly enchanted.

"Fred?" Her soft voice brought him back to the moment. 

"Hm?" 

"I thought maybe you fell asleep, you got a bit quiet," She said, but her voice sounded as if she was fighting to stay awake. 

"I was just trying to figure out what this plant above us is," He said with a smirk. 

"What's it look like?" 

"Small round leaves, with little white berries," He said, the grin refusing to fade from his freckled face. 

"Mistletoe? There's no mistletoe in this greenhouse...." Fiona said, suddenly perplexed. He knew her mind was racing, wondering what plant it could possibly be. He watched her face twist in concentration, the way her brows furrowed, and her nose scrunched as her lips pursed.

"Looks like your wrong for once, princess, it's right above us," Fred lied. Fiona's lips twitched, and Fred was certain she was fighting a smile. 

He delicately cupped her face and lifted her chin up so that he could look into her eyes before tenderly pressing his lips against hers. 

Fred had lived his life running. Running towards chaos and sprinting away from consequences. He lived his life running too fast to belong to anyone...and then Fiona came along.

Angelina hadn't merely pushed him. She had tossed him off the Astronomy Tower, and he had fallen into completely uncharted territory.

No, in such a chaotic and unpredictable world there were not many things Fred Weasley felt certain of. Except for Fiona Diggory. And Fred Weasley was certain he was falling for her.

In typical Weasley fashion, Fred didn't have a clue where to go from there.

***
A/N
Hope you guys like a healthy dose of fluff.

If you like the chapter please vote? I'd greatly appreciate it

Side note...I really love Malcolm and I have plans for him once this story gets into Order of the Phoenix...but Malcolm is a side character in this story...so I'm playing with the idea of extending this story to a second book in the same universe but with Malcolm as the main character...would anyone be interested in reading that? The first chapter wouldn't be published until this story gets to Order of Phoenix...to avoid the big spoiler of Cedric's fate...

It would be a lot more of a fluffy love story than Blind Spots. Less moving pieces. The main focus would be the love story between Malcolm and a canon character who won't be named at this time. I just really want to give Malcolm the love story he deserves - from his eyes.

The story would start and end in the Order of Phoenix timeline.

The working title is: Taming an Acromantula