Chapter 2

~ Meliodas ~

| One month ago |

When Y/N said "Hey Mel, can you promise me something" I contemplated why she sought to make a promise but then I nodded my head anyway? Continuing, she asked, "Can you promise me that even if it meant dying for you, you would let me save you?".

I stared at her in shock. How did this come up all of a sudden? When I looked at her for a moment I said, " Listen, I'm not letting you do that, and I'll go to extreme measures to make sure you never do anything like that EVER" She snapped back "it's not stupid Meliodas, I gave you a reasonable request, your life is so much more important than mine." As she stared at me, I felt like she was insane. She didn't realize just how important she was to me, and knowing one day she might not be there already broke my heart.

"Y/N that is my final answer, I won't change it for any reason." She gave a growl in irritation at my response but I wouldn't let her give up her life to save mine.

~Y/N's POV~

"So, what's this new outfit for?" Elizabeth asks hesitantly, obviously uncomfortable with the odd clothing. I didn't really like them on her and I could tell she didn't like them, but this is Meliodas we're talking about. "It's the tavern uniform," Meliodas explains, most likely oblivious to her discomfort.

"Way to put your pervy thoughts on display there, dude," Hawk says. I giggled softly. "Oh, Meli Does that mean that I have to wear that too?" I asked tilting my head slightly with an innocent look. "Yeah, good point. If that's the tavern uniform, then why isn't Y/N wearing it too?" Hawk adds to my question. "Y/n's the cook! So she doesn't need to wear it she fine wear her own clothes!" Meliodas says, waving the question off. I had felt his feelings it was possessiveness and jealousy. I knew he didn't want other men looking at me in a dirty way, then he started examining Elizabeth.

The strange shenanigans he does only make me laugh. I just observed what was happening, and it seemed Meliodas heard me giggle, so he turned around, winked at me, and then went back to what he was doing.

I was just sitting at a table reading a book silently while drinking some apple juice. I don't really like ale. "You want me to keep track of rumors and collect information about the possible whereabouts of the Eight Deadly Sins right?" Elizabeth asks, making me smile. " Elizabeth you're so kind and sweet, thank you for doing this for us..." I said with a kind smile, causing her to blush and stutter out a thank you.

"Some intel on the Holy Knights would be okay too," Meliodas replies before lifting the back of her skirt. She squeaks in surprise. I just giggled and whispered in her ear " don't worry sweetheart he always does this it's nothing to be embarrassed about it's just his way of saying hi" I said smiling at her while Hawk quickly pulled him away, yelling at Meliodas.

 I just giggled and whispered in her ear " don't worry sweetheart he always does this it's nothing to be embarrassed about it's just his way of saying hi" I said smiling at her while Hawk quickly pulled him away, yelling at Meliodas

( this is what Y/N is doing so pretend that she's Elizabeth )

As soon as I approached him, I put his head between my breasts and asked, "Hey Meli?" I wanted to ask this before it was too late. "Yes, Y/n?" He muffled out and enjoyed the comforting feeling between my breasts. To confirm my job for tonight, I ask, "Will I still be waiting on tables tonight?". "Well, seeing that Elizabeth is here, that shouldn't be necessary any longer... So you can just stay by my side if you know what I mean." He tells me, wiggling his eyebrows.