The air between them is quiet and Steve begins to lose hope until he feels the coldness of Bucky's metal hand cupping his cheek. He opens his eyes and meets Bucky's once more, glazed over with tears, before pulling Steve in for another soft and sweet kiss.

"Of course I'll take you back, punk."

Steve grins and lifts Bucky up off the ground, spinning him around. Bucky giggles and holds on tightly as they join in for another kiss, and another, and another.

"I love you, Doll."

"And I love you, Punk."

Hand in hand, Bucky and Steve open the door to Pepper's apartment, smiling and laughing. They had brought ice creams and eaten them as they walked, then helped some kids get a frisbee from a tree before driving back.

"That's was actually really nice." Bucky says, bringing Steve into the lounge.

"Agreed." Steve responds.

"Thanks for telling me—" Bucky stops at noticing Steve's eyes somewhere else. "You okay?" He asks.

Getting no response, Bucky follows Steve's gaze, catching sight of tony and pepper on the couch. "Bucky." Tony says, getting up from his seat.

"What the hell is he doing here?!" Bucky yells. "Get out!"

"Bucky." Pepper cuts in. "I invited him over to explain what happened and he has something to say to you."

Bucky glares over at Tony. "Go on."

Tony clears his throat. "Bucky... I've made the biggest mistake of my life and I'm sorry. I thought you were with Steve to get back at me but I was wrong and I see that now." He begins. "Your in love and I should've accepted that. I— I— Steve.. I'm so sorry. For Blaze, for— for everything I've done to you. You didn't deserve that. You've made Bucky so happy... I'm so fucking sorry."

Steve gives a small smile. "It's okay." Steve says. "I forgive you. The past is the past."

"And Bucky.." Tony mumbles. "I'm so sorry for doing what I did. You and Steve are really good together. Please come home. Dodger and Pete really miss you. And... so do I."

Bucky crosses his arms. "No more attacking Steve."

"Done."

"No more stealing others animals."

"Done."

"And... Steve gets to stay with us and in my room."

Tony frowns. "That's pushing it."

"Tony." Pepper warns. "Don't forget you shot Steve and hit him with a shovel! The least you can do it let Steve stay with you."

Tony groans. "Fine."

Bucky grins and kisses Steve's cheek in triumph. "Thank you dad!" He yells, wrapping him in a hug.

"You're welcome."

********

Bucky wakes up the next morning in his own bed and his lovers arms wrapped tightly and securely around his waist. A grin makes his way onto his lips as he shuffled around to face Steve, pecking his nose and gently caressing his cheek with his thumb.

"Morning." Steve mumbles with a yawn.

"Morning." Bucky responds.

Steve stretches his arms up before placing them over Bucky who was snuggled against his chest. "God, I love you."

"And I love you."

The moment was cut short by the door slamming open and a stressed looking Stephen running into the room. "Bucky!" He cries, closing the door.

"Yeah, Stephen?" Bucky asks, breaking away from Steve. "Everything okay?"

"No! I'm so torn! I don't know what to do!"

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know how to propose to your dad—

"WHAT!" Bucky screams. "OH MY GOD!"

Steve slams his hand over Bucky's mouth. "SHH!" He hisses. "Your dad can't find out."

"Sorry, Sorry.." Bucky mumbles. "Got a bit excited there. Now. Tell us your ideas."

******

Everything was in place. All they had to do now was wait for Tony to get back.

While Peter and Steve tried to calm Stephen down, Bucky was on the look out for his father. He finally spots him in the distance and yells. "PLACES HES COMING!"

After running around and doing as Bucky says, he grabs his fathers hand and begins leading him to Stephen. "Bucky?" Tony asks. "What are you doing? What's going on?"

"Don't ask just walk." Bucky responds with a grin.

Tony does as he's told and gives Stephen a confused smile as he's told to stand before him. Though, before he can even ask what was going on, Stephen cuts him off.

"I know this probably isn't very special to you." Stephen says shakily. "But it is to me. This is where we first met and had our first conversation. Do you remember?"

Tony smiles. "Of course. I completely embarrassed myself because of how gorgeous you looked."

Stephen smiles and takes Tony's hands in his. "Tony. You mean the world to me and I love you so so much. You've helped me through some really crazy shit in my life and I can't seem to gather the right words to express how grateful I am to have you."

"Stephen." Tony looks confused. "What are you getting at?"

Stephen ignores the question and drops down onto one knee, sounding a gasp from tony and for tears to well up in his eyes. "Tony Edward Stark. Will you marry me?" Stephen asks, holding out the now open box.

Tony nods, hands shaking and tears falling. "Yes! Of course I'll marry you!"

Bucky, Steve and Peter yell in delight and clap, watching as the two men share a kiss and a hug before placing the ring onto Tonys finger.

"You know what's funny about this?" Tony asks, "I was literally gonna propose to you later." He pulls out a box with a ring inside and they all erupt into laughter.

"Well, I say yes." Stephen grins, holding out his hand for tony to place the ring on his finger. "I love it and I love you."

"I love you two."

*********

~ Maddi ❤️