Chapter 4: The Unsaid Questions

Marinette's POV

We were walking into this place that was apparently a school.... this is like no school I've ever seen. This Aizawa guy was walking behind us. I don't think he trusts us yet... but I- I don't blame him... I don't trust him either.

We walk through the doors and when we get through them he gets in between me and Chat and walks next to us. I guess it's because we don't know where to go once we get inside so we just follow his lead until we get to a door. We stop and Aizawa opens the door and lets us go in first. I had my guard up ready for anything that could be awaiting us inside. But not was I wrong... What I saw I was not expecting.

Inside it kinda looks like a therapy office with the couch and a chair across. There is a table between the two pieces of furniture though. In the corner there was a creature sitting at the desk sipping on tea.

This creature was short and white... he had a scar on his face. He looked like a giant mouse. I couldn't help but think about what was going through Chat's mind. You know him looking like a mouse and him being a cat.

He stood up and said, "Come in, children."

"These were the two intruders at the gate..." Aizawa said, coming up behind us. He joined the creature standing next to them.

"Yes I figured," he said. Then he took a few steps forward approaching us. "So what brings you two to our school?"

He was being nice... nicer than Aizawa at least. His voice was gentle but I was still cautious.

"Well I don't know what brings us here..." I said, " All I know is one minute we're in Paris doing our job and the next thing I know me and Chat were waking up in front of this building. " I looked over to Chat who was being abnormally quiet and he looked at me. I could see the faintest hint of fear in his eyes... but it was there. Normally he would joke it away, but for some reason he was being shy today.

I turn back to the two others and I see them looking at each other. Then the creature turns back to us and says, "My name is Nezu and I am the principal here." A thousand of my questions were answered but I had a thousand more. I turned to Chat and I could tell he had the same reaction I did.

I turned back and they were staring at us... almost like they were trying to profile and seeing our reaction. The Nezu turns back to Aizawa and says something below his breath. Whatever it was, it made Aizawa open wide like he was surprised. Then he turn back to us and asks, "How old are you two?"