Hold

Magnus and a few others managed to get the four of them in a cell. Their wands were taken off and were kept in custody.

Jacob passed out as soon as he entered. The effects of the potion must be infecting his body. They let him rest for a bit.

"Freaking Queenie" Tina cursed, "Probably told them that we were here".

"They probably suspected something from the beginning" Newt defended her sister, "Queenie was genuinely helping us. She gave us the password".

"It's bait, Newt. Classic Queenie trick" Tina said.

"What happened to the fang?" Theseus asked, "You still have it with you, right?"

"I threw it out for Dumbledore to find" Tina said, "With a note. I think he would've found it. He's clever".

"That's. . . awfully quick of you" Theseus was mildly aghast.

"I had to do what I had to do" Tina simply gave a shrug, "Oh man, I'm so ravenous".

"I hadn't eaten since last night" Theseus complained. .

Just then, the wooden doors to the prison opened. Tina eagerly looked behind the bars. Queenie walked down, her feet clicking.

"I thought you might like some food" she handed a tray of warm raisin bread and butter and some salad.

"We don't need your handouts" Tina snarled, "Leave us alone".

"I know you're a bit mad. But you should eat" Queenie said, very hesitantly.

"Give it to me" Theseus got up to accept the food.

"Don't, Theseus. It's probably poisoned" Tina snapped, "She'll kill us all".

"I'm just trying to help, Teenie" Queenie spoke, her soft voice taking over her hoarse merciless tone.

"Don't ever call me that, again" Tina grabbed the metal bars and looked daggers at her sister. The blonde witch took a step backward, giving her sister some space.

"I'm. . sorry" she heaved a sigh.

"Should've thought about that before you walked into the fire, huh?" Tina spat, angrily, "I'm done. Kill me or not kill me. I don't care".

She hugged her legs and sat down in a corner. Theseus munched on the raisin bread, witnessing the drama unfold. It was good hearty bread.

"D'you like it?" Queenie asked him, reading his mind.

"The best" Theseus nodded.

"Glad you like it, honey" Queenie chirped, "At least I was allowed to cook once in a while. I'm not really permitted in the kitchens".

"Good. They probably don't want a hypocrite" Tina mumbled.

"I know there is no excuse for what I did, but if Jacob were here with us, he would give me a second chance" Queenie said.

"I'm sorry, Queenie, but I have to side with Tina on this one" Newt finally spoke up, "What you did, was horrible. You don't deserve a second act".

"Newt, you too?" Queenie was taken aback, "I thought after hearing my side, you'd want to consider".

"Whatever you did is a thing of the past, indeed" Newt told her, "But you broke your sister's trust. I'd rather die than betray my family".

"Same here" Theseus wiped off the crumbs from his face, "Nothing is worse than this".

"But Teen. . " Queenie couldn't talk. She couldn't blame her sister. And neither could she blame herself.

"We could've had a valuable member to our side" Newt sighed.

Queenie remained quiet for a while, "You know, you're right Newt" she mumbled, "I have to go".

And off she was, her heels clicking. Tina knew that there was no coming from this mess. But Queenie had a plan in her mind.

After that, Tina broke into tears, clenching her fists.

"Oh Tina" Newt placed his arm around her and pulled her closer to him.

"This wasn't the Queenie I knew" she mouthed, fighting through the pain and suffering she had endured.

"I'm sure she's got a good side".

"She's working for Grindelwald, Newt!" Tina exclaimed, "There's no coming back. Either you work with him or you perish".

"I know, but maybe there's a chance that she'll maintain her loyalty and help us. . ?" Newt raised it as a question.

"Of course indeed" Theseus agreed, "Man was it a day".

"Aren't you scared, Theseus?" Tina asked.

"Why do I have to be scared if my blood is adrenaline?" Theseus simply shrugged, "It just adds to the existing pool of fear. Take a deep breath and relax. We'll be out of here".

"So, I can do magic?" Modesty asked, bewildered, "Wow, that is so surreal".

"Indeed it is" the witch told her, "And we, in America believe to keep our identities hidden. So you can't tell anyone".

"Oh, uh, yeah" Modesty nodded, "It's a little hard for me to process".

"What happened to you after. . ?" the witch began, but Modesty got the message.

"Ever after Chasisty and Ma died, I had no home. Credence was gone. He was. . . some kind of a monster" Modesty described, "He had these weird bruises on his hands and he was the person I could trust. Now I don't know where he is. I don't even know if he survived".

"I can understand" the witch soothed her, "Everything is bound to turn the right way up. It just takes time".

"So I can just go to the school? Just like that?" Modesty asked.

"You will need some school books and a bunch of stationery, but other than that you're good to go" the witch smiled kindly, "Tomorrow, meet me here during the afternoon and we'll leave".

"Just. . leave? I'll have to say goodbye?"

"No, you can come home for the summer if you like. But we entertain students to stay for the summer too" the witch said, "I mean, we can't have your pals know that you're a witch".

"Then I'll stay at school" Modesty concluded, "I hate the orphanage".

"Good talk, Modesty" the witch got up, "If you need me, I'll be near New York. Send me an owl".

"Got it, thank you" Modesty beamed, "And one more thing, what is your name? I never got it".

"Call me Hicks. Eulalie Hicks" the woman smiled, "But I'll be just fine with Lily".

"Thanks Lily" the eleven year old nodded, jumping with excitement.

Her life was going to change for the better.

Meanwhile Albus Dumbledore had returned to the campsite. He quickly wrote a letter to the Ministry, via an owl. Of course, it was going to be dangerous, but it was the only way.

Dear Francisco,

Everyone is trapped, except me. Send help. I'm going to destroy the blood pact once and for all. Let them know.

Albus

A/N : Oooooooh suspenzeee!

Just kidding, of course. Hope you liked it! Thank you so much for reading!

And if you haven't checked out, I've posted a fan art in my other book, so uh. . . yeah.

Have a brilliant day!

A_Quibbler