Heft

A few hours later, the crew met at the Ministério da Mágica. Dumbledore stood there, waiting. He didn't carry any form of luggage. All he had was a locket tied to his neck, bearing the blood pact.

He touched the blood pact, fiddling with the intricate designs on it, muttering, "Gellert. . " everytime. He too was traumatized to go against his best friend.

"Enough Albus" Minister Francisco snapped, "You've had enough of it".

Albus nodded, "It's for the best".

"We're here" Tina declared, making her way towards Dumbledore. She was wearing her usual leather coat, her sling bag across her shoulder.

"You did not hear that" Albus's ears turned slightly red.

"Hear what?" Tina asked. Newt quickly pulled her hand and motioned her to quiet down.

"I'll explain later" he whispered into her ear, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"No, Newt, I think Tina deserves a better explanation" Albus decided, "Maybe not at the moment".

"Hello people. Lovely to see all of you in one place" a male voice drawled on, like a dad at a family reunion.

"Theseus, pleasure" Tina greeted him warmly.

"Brother" Theseus said, "Care to greet me with a quick hug?"

"We'll save the hugging and kissing for later" Jacob winked at the pair. Tina and Newt turned violent shades of red.

"Alright, let's get going" Albus Dumbledore gritted his teeth, unable to control himself, "And Minister?"

"Yes?" Francisco asked.

"If you ever receive a letter from my dear friend, Horace Slughorn, please tell him everything that I'd want to explain" Albus said.

"I'll do anything" the Minister said, quite informally, ". . Anything for you".

"Very well. Let's get going".

Nagini and Kama gave them the address to the lair and wished them good luck. Bridget hugged Tina and Newt. Then she shook hands with Theseus, maintaining her formalities with a war hero.

"I could use a hug--" Theseus began.

"Okay" Bridget chuckled and pulled him into a soothing hug. Then she pulled away, bid them goodbye and made them promise to her that they'll manage to write a few letters.

"Go get your man" Tina whispered into her ear.

"Shut up. There's nothing between Harold and I" Bridget smiled, "I'm going to miss you".

"Hey, it's not like this is the end" Tina shrugged, "If I don't come back, at least you'll know my favorite flowers and my will. . "

"Nope, I'll never let her die on my watch" Newt cut her off midway, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Aww, look at you!" Bridget clapped her hands with joy, "You're back!"

Tina rolled her eyes, "Come along, Mr Scamander. I've put up with your shenanigans for months. Give me a break!"

After ending on a cheery yet sad note, the crew were off. They hired a carriage to go to the town, from where they would have to walk.

"So, what is with you and your will?" Newt whispered into her ear, "Do you have one?"

"I do have one in the process" Tina answered, sarcastically and in a British accent, mimicked the tone of her solemn will, "I, Tina Goldstein, leave all my books to Newt Scamander".