After examining her portrait, she went to her room. The room was fit for a queen. Her bed was huge than her bed back in Hogwarts or Beauxbatons. Beside her bed was a study table and a book shelf. She always spent her time lock in her room because her father throws a huge party, inviting all the wealthiest or famous family. She was a introvert when it comes to meeting new people or like when her mum introduced a handsome looking boy to her.

The last part was the actual reason why she didn't like to go downstairs just to mingled with the famous boys.

She unpacked everything and after she was finished, she went downstairs. Y/n saw her mum in the living room, ordering the house elves to move the new statue on the right corner.

"What's with all the decorations?"

"Ah, your father threw a large ball for you sweetheart," Her mum explained, her eyes still fixated on the statue.

"And why is that?" She asked. Y/n doesn't like this side of her father. Why on earth he would throw a large ball? Why? So he could brag his fortune? Or show off his new decorations? Her father was a true slytherin after all, always liked to brag, but for her mother was different, she would always scold her husband just because he was showing off.

There's one time, Proteus, her father went out on a date with her mother and unexpectedly, the old friend of her mum happened to be there in that same restaurant. So, Proteus showed off on how lucky he was. He was proud that he had found the right one, despite what his father thinks of her. He was one lucky man.

"It's for you," Her mother smiled and then that smile quickly vanished when she saw the other house elf wasn't doing its job, she shouted and immediately calmed herself, "Now, I expect you to be dressed because our guess will be arriving soon,"

Y/n groaned and went to the garden instead of going to her room. She find the garden was the most calming place here on the manor. Sometimes, she would camped outside and study the stars. It was a moment that she could never share it to anyone else.

Being with the stars brings comfort to her.

Being with the stars brings happiness to her.

Being with the stars, you'll never be alone.

From the far distance, she could hear mum yelling to find her. She knew she had to go back even though she don't want to.

She dashed inside the room and ran upstairs. By the time she went inside, her mum sat on her bed. Her mum gestured her daughter and pointed out the dress laid on her bed. It was beautiful, the color matched with her skin tone and that made even more beautiful. Sometimes, her mum would let her to try some dresses but it didn't match her skin tone. So it was terrible awful.

Not long after, she was done. Her hair was done and of course her dress or gown looked presentable to pleased the guess. She went downstairs and all of the rooms were occupied. She didn't expect that her father invited half the population of the wizarding world. Her father was in front with his wife and daughter.

"Good evening to all! Ellora and I, are honored that all of you accepted our invitations. Today, we welcome to you our amazing daughter, y/n Guildford!" Her father spoke as he raised his glass. The crowd did the same thing and also clapped when y/n stood in front.

I have to leave.

The crowd was once again noisy and y/n took this chance to escape. She looked around to find the exit since everyone was crowding the whole room. Y/n looked behind and saw her way out. As she was about to leave, a boy blocked her way out.

"Going somewhere?" The boy asked, raising his right brow.

"Linus? Is that really you?" asked y/n in disbelief. Linus nodded and gave her a bear hug.